Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning Kia forum,

I have been test driving a few crossover vehicles and the new Sportage is the my favourite so far. Yesterday, I test drove an automatic Hyundai ix35; it was my first time driving an automatic and it was amazing.

So, I now want an automatic Sportage! The only thing I'm concerned about is the fuel economy of the petrol model. I've looked into it, and it appears that the mpg stats of the automatics are much more accurate then those of the manuals so it's hard to compare.

Does anyone have any experience of an automatic Sportage and of its fuel economy ?

thanks
Nick

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX 1.7cc Diesel - Manual transmission
154 Posts
Good morning Kia forum,

I have been test driving a few crossover vehicles and the new Sportage is the my favourite so far. Yesterday, I test drove an automatic Hyundai ix35; it was my first time driving an automatic and it was amazing.

So, I now want an automatic Sportage! The only thing I'm concerned about is the fuel economy of the petrol model. I've looked into it, and it appears that the mpg stats of the automatics are much more accurate then those of the manuals so it's hard to compare.

Does anyone have any experience of an automatic Sportage and of its fuel economy ?

thanks
Nick

Read these posts
http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-sportage/78251-mpg-woes.html

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yeah, there's MPG discrepencies.

Still, isn't it incredible finding the Sportage? In the North American market (IX35 is the European name for the Tucson), Sportage is probably the lightest CUV, and still has nearly the most power for it's class. It has all the extras I wanted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts