Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a new Kia Amanti and will be picking up this Friday. Many people have since warned me that I have made a huge mistake. They site reliablity as the biggest issue. I enjoyed the ride so much and what I perceived to be a great value, I decided to ignore their advice. Someone please tell me I did the right thing

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Yes you did the right thing. I have never been in an Amanti but I have heard that they
are awesome. I look at them every time I go to the dealership. Welcome to the site! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Don....Ultimately you will need to make the decision as to whether you were right in purchasing an Amanti. I think I made the right choice buying an Amanti. I have had it exactly one year and have approx. 9300 miles on it . I have had only one annoying problem ( which is in the process of being taken care of ---waiting for parts) which has been a front end squeak...no biggie by any means. I still love driving the Amanti as I did on the first day I drove it...so quiet and smoooooth. I sold an Infiniti Q45 just before I bought the Amanti and as you problably know the Q45 is the flagship of the the Infiniti line AND the Amanti is more comfortable to drive, build quality is equal (IMHO) and alot LESS to maintain. So let all those people who said no-no to you check out the recent (like the past couple of weeks) recalls of Dodges and Ford products in the THOUSANDS.....I hope you enjoy the Amanti as much as I have and probably a bunch of others as well....ray-ray

·
Registered
37 Posts
The front end squeak is a bushing and collar problem the first batch of parts were wrong, there sending out new sets soon.

And as far as amantis quality wise they blow every other kia away. You rarely see an amanti in the shop

·
Registered
134 Posts
Trest...you are exactly right...after the determination that the bushings are most likely the problem, my dealer ordered new bushings which came in last week only to find out that they were the wrong ones and came without collars as well !! So now the new order is in AGAIN for the proper parts. We'll see????? I appreciate your input as it supports the information that the dealer is telling me which gives me confidence in them. The dealer has been very cooperative and I really believe that are doing there best but the parts facility in L.A. needs to gets things straight. As I have said before we need to keep in contact and post relevant information which hopefully results in getting excellent service at our dealers...I will keep this forum up to date when the repairs are done..........fixed or not :D :( Regards rayray................................

·
Registered
3 Posts
I traded in my Lexus RX300 for my 2004 Amanti. I heard the same comments from family, friends and co-workers. I made my chose based on driving it for the weekend; plus once I found out that Hyundai owns Kia Motors, and based on their good J.D. Powers good standing rating, not to mention the warranty, I KNOW I made the right decision. I am totally crazy about driving this vehicle. I make all kinds of excuses to take it to the store or wherever.

Congratulations! You made an excellent choice. :thumbsup:
Bill H.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also wanted to say that another good Amanti Forum is at Edmunds.com. You sign in free and go to Kia, to Amanti. I've gotten a lot of advice from owners who have had their Amanti longer than I. I purchased mine last November.
BillH

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased my Amanti at the end of Sept. 2004. Have logged 10,000 maintenance free miles. No sign of the dreaded front end noise that others have commented about. Manufacture date is 05/2004. So far, I love this car.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts