Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a new Amanti for 1 month so far, and no complaints except the fuel mileage has not gotten over 16.8 mpg / with city freeway driving, The Hyundai XG300 that I traded never got less than 22 mpg and on trips 29 mpg, I hope this area improves or can be improved. I will be going on a trip this comming weekend, will know more than!

Sure wish for navigation system also. :)

Been back from the trip for 2 weeks now. I got 20.1 on the way west and 23 even onthe way back, still nice car though.

A new problem has cropped up, the drivers seat when set for my 6'2" feels like it is comming loose from the mounts (klunk, crunch) while changing from accel to decel, brakeing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by bennym@Oct 24 2004, 10:20 AM
I have had a new Amanti for 1 month so far, and no complaints except the fuel mileage has not gotten over 16.8 mpg / with city freeway driving, The Hyundai XG300 that I traded never got less than 22 mpg and on trips 29 mpg, I hope this area improves or can be improved. I will be going on a trip this comming weekend, will know more than!

I had the same problem with my new Amanti purchased on 08-29-04. I discovered that it began working properly if I reset the "AVG MPH" to zero each time I started the engine. Also, if you have the seat/mirror memory feature and you set it for yourself and another person sets the adjustments for themselves, it will get out of synch if you manually lock the doors instead of using the remote buttons.

The Amanti was purchased for my wife after deliberating between the Sedona, the Sorrento and the Amanti. My wife fell in love with the Amanti after driving a Ford Bronco II for years. She was tired of an SUV. I can't get her out of the Amanti. A beautiful car in all respects.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've owned my Amanti since Mar and the mileage hasn't improved yet. Not what the trip computer says but the actual mileage has lingered around 23-24 mpg with 14% city. I drive 100 miles per day so its easy to figure. Some gas mileage tips and tricks would be good, the way I drive I should be pulling down better mileage then I am.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by bennym@Oct 24 2004, 11:20 AM

I bought mine 2 months ago. I Live in Guatemala City which is surrounded by mountains and where traffic isv ey heavy. The best milage I've got from the car so far is 16. Anyway it´s a nice car and I wasn't expecting a lot gas mileage out of it. Perhaps it's the price you have to pay for comfort.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have had my Amanti for about ten months and have approx. 7600 miles on it. My driving is in Silicon Valley with a wide mixture different types of traffic situations. I do about 50-50 freeway and city (which is VERY congested most of the time) and my last average mileage check for 13 fill-ups was 19.78 MPG. I tend to drive aggressively on the freeway ( average 70 to 80 ) like everyone else and will continue to until the CHP gets me....so all in all I quess almost isn't too bad for a 4000lb auto....althought higher would be better but would mean altering driving habits.........but it is SO smooth and quiet...it is hard to slow down.......rayray :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm a new Amanti owner and love the car, except the gas mileage. Getting around 13 mpg around town. This is very dissapointing. Anybody have any experience with improving their gas mileage?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had my 2004 Amanti for 3 months and just last week found that my seat has become loose, as you say it rocks back & forth when you brake or accelerate.

Were you able to get it fixed easily by the dealer? I havn't had a chance to take mine in yet - otherwise I love the car (about 4000 miles on the OD)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Loose seat !

My seat was loose (rocked slightly when stop/start), Dealer fixed it in 20 minutes.
Seat frame was NOT loose at floor, so they removed the trim panel from around lower seat and tightened frame up under the seat. That was 3 months ago, been OK since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts