Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone;
Been following this forum for a while as I have been shopping for a new car. I really had my sights on the SX trim but it was slightly out of budget for us, and stock is hard to find here in the Greater Toronto area...we landed on a 2020 EX+ and pick it up Wednesday.

The major feature I will miss on the SX (that I won't get on the EX+) are the LED headlights. That will be something I will certainly be looking to upgrade once I have had the car for about a month or so (once I know everything is working properly at stock).

The LASFIT LEDs will cost me about $200cdn here for just the low beams, so I might look for other options first. Lots of reading here to see which ones will fit without any mods. If anyone wants to point me in the direction of some easy-install LEDs.

I'll be grabbing some winter liners, most likely Weathertechs. And the 7-seather rear cargo mat that splits to fold with the 3rd row seats. That looks like a great accessory.

Also looking at replacing the OEM Nexen's in the spring once the winter tires come off. Michelin CrossClimate 2s look like my number 1 choice for now. For winters I'm looking to get the dealer to get me some Blizzak DM-V2s instead of the Kumhos they usually sell.

Looking forward to hanging around here for a while. I have a 10-year 200k warranty. I'm coming from a 2014 Rondo that we never had too much luck with, but the dealer treated us right and kept us as customers. Long story, but I looked elsewhere and kept coming back to the Sorento. I like that the 2020 is a mature model year, for a car I want to keep a long time.

·
Registered
'19 Sorento S V6 AWD in Snow White, 2021 Seltos SX turbo AWD
299 Posts
Congrats on your new Sorento. I've got a '19 S and my daughter just bought a '20 EX. Very good vehicles in my opinion.
Hope yours treats you well.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on your new Sorento. I've got a '19 S and my daughter just bought a '20 EX. Very good vehicles in my opinion.
Hope yours treats you well.
I was following your thread for your daughter's purchase, and I was thinking of the same cars she was. There was too much value in the Sorentos and things quickly got too expensive when you start adding all the safety options, etc. I hope she is enjoying hers!

If you decide to ever change the headlights in hers let us know :)

·
Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6 AWD
200 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks!

I actually already upgraded the halogens in my EX+ by upgrading the whole car to the SX :) It gave us the colour we really wanted (white), Michelins, and the cooled seats which I really wanted. A few other perks like the sound-deadening and trim upgrades are just icing.

In the end I had to go with what I really wanted from the start. The EX+ and the Imperial Blue colour were just not for us.

Reactions: wbw

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
631 Posts
Same dealer? Did they just let you swap out and pay the difference?

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6 6AT, Civic 2006 LX AT
593 Posts
<edit to say please ignore the message - i saw H7 and didnt internalise you also said low beam>
Hi Kronyx - you get no errors when using the H7 low beams as DRL? or on the 2020 they use a different bulb as DRL? thanks in advance

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same dealer? Did they just let you swap out and pay the difference?
Yep...same dealer. I had contacted them about the white SX I wanted originally and after throwing numbers around it looked like it was not a possibility. After we agreed on the imperial blue EX+ I saw that the one I originally wanted was indeed an option, and asked to rework the deal.

I don't think they were to excited (I had not signed for it at that point) but in the end it didn't cost me that much extra and I got some things I really wanted.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6 AWD
200 Posts
<edit to say please ignore the message - i saw H7 and didnt internalise you also said low beam>
Hi Kronyx - you get no errors when using the H7 low beams as DRL? or on the 2020 they use a different bulb as DRL? thanks in advance
No errors, the DRL are on the high beams !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts