Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, would like to introduce myself. My name is David and I live in Houston. First time kia owner but kia is in my family. Picked up a 2019 Kia Sorento S brand new but used as a demo with only 2660 miles.

Couple of things I would like to do to it but not go overboard is add fog lights depending on if the wire is there and if it's possible to buy a switch for it to make it stock looking. Also, to somehow make the led lights aka forward positioning lights or whatever it's called and make them drls. Not sure if any of this is possible but would like to hear y'all's feedback.

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Optima LX, 2017 Sorento LX
614 Posts
Typically Kia doesn't put the wiring for fog lights in a car that doesn't have them. You most likely would have to fabricate wiring or buy the factory switch and wiring harnesses.
When purchasing fog lights you may have to verify if SX fog lights will fit the LX (2016-2018 front bumpers ARE different between LX/EX and SX and further compounded by whether or not one has the "sport package"). The 2019 parts listing shows three different front bumper (fascia) part numbers so I can't tell if the fog light bezels will fit all models - hopefully someone who has installed aftermarket fog lights on a 2019 Sorento will post.
I installed the after market quad led fog lights on my 2017 Sorento LX - these will not fit on an SX model. I made my own wiring and have them always on as DRLs by getting power from the engine compartment fuse box.

2017 Sorento LX.jpg

As far as the led lights in the headlights if you're good with automotive lighting you could make them DRLs by locating the led light wires in the harness and splicing them to a power source. I haven't done this so I can't offer much in that area.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks for the information. I was hoping the answer was easier but it looks like I won't be doing any of these. Since it is brand new I don't want to be messing with wiring and cutting things so I'll wait. Im still hopeful someone has done this before or if it's too new that it hasn't been done. The S is technically an LX V6 and I think all trim packages for the 2019s and 2020s look exactly the same so fog lights should be easy but I won't be doing any of it.

·
Registered
2017 Optima LX, 2017 Sorento LX
614 Posts
Now you just need a '19 owner who has done this to chime in...:)

If you go to Kia.com and build a '19 Sorento it appears the L, LX, S, and EX have the same bezel where the fog lights go, but the SX has a different and larger bezel for the fog lights.

Kia likes to make this difficult...for example on the 2016-2018 Sorentos there were/are THREE different fog lights. The EX has a smaller single fog light in a small bezel, the sport package used the SX front bumper fascia and has a larger single fog light in a larger bezel, and then the SX uses the quad LED fog lights in a bezel that is larger then the EX bezels...

DSC_2005.JPG

Sport model bezel for fog light on left. LX bezel on right - grille area is the size of the fog light on EX models. These were not interchangable between models.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea exactly if you look at mine you can see wherey fogs are looks similar to the shape that comes on the EX or whichever ones that comes with fogs

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea it's weird. On my 09 Altima the wiring was there and I just got a new switch and everything worked. Easiest mod ever. If I don't have any of these options to do I'll just change headlight bulbs to led and some lights inside to led

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,283 Posts
Might be, but at $950, they should take the next flight from Korea and drop by your house and install it for you! Well, almost...
The good news is that it looks like a complete kit of Kia parts, right down to the factory multi-function switch which puts the control where it belongs.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea it looks really good and I want it. Since I do YouTube videos I might try and get one for free to make a video about. Wish me luck lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea I saw that one but the problem is my car doesn't have fogs and probably no connector for it so I can install these and use there unless I get the wiring and OEM switch

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. Yea that's what made us want it was the blue and the black wheels. I'm just a sucker for adding extra things to make is look better. I want to do the fogs but can't, I want to make the LEDs as drls but can't.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L GDI V6 - FWD (Sparkling Silver)
173 Posts
Thanks. Yea that's what made us want it was the blue and the black wheels. I'm just a sucker for adding extra things to make is look better. I want to do the fogs but can't, I want to make the LEDs as drls but can't.
Im right there with you, HATE the fact that these gorgeous LED strips in the headlights are not DRLs in our trims but are DRLs in higher trims.. just stupid!

As for fixing up things, grab a small Honda or project car and spend your extra time fixing it up to your liking. I'd keep this blue monster factory like if i were you. Looks great as is to be honest?

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea I don't want to do too much to it to mess with any warranty and plus my wife won't let me. But I did add LEDs to the headlights and other bulbs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts