Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
strange, Kia Motors does not show a plant in Russia in there monthly production figures - they have one in China, Slovakia and USA but no mention of one in Russia, unless its some sort of joint venture. They have three in south Korea.

Update: Yes, its a joint-venture with Avtotor Holdings Ltd and Magna International which also involves BMW, GM, Opel, Kia and Hyundai.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX V6
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is like final joint assembly plant. This way kia and others eliminate high taxes for new cars in Russia, I guess. 2013 EX premium costs ~$45-50K there

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
it is like final joint assembly plant. This way kia and others eliminate high taxes for new cars in Russia, I guess. 2013 EX premium costs ~$45-50K there
Holy crap!!! An EX premium is the highest model there though, right? The SX is exclusive to North America?

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
Why are they just standing there letting it burn with all those fire extinguishers around? I will never understand Russians.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
That's like the fire department in my northwest Michigan town. They'll stand around and have a cup of coffee, wait for the media to show up...THEN start fighting the fire. Or in the winter, maybe throw a few snowballs at it and save the occasional smoldering cat.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX V6
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why are they just standing there letting it burn with all those fire extinguishers around? I will never understand Russians.
as I understood they spent all medium sized extinguishers and were waiting for biggest one on wheels

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX V6
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holy crap!!! An EX premium is the highest model there though, right? The SX is exclusive to North America?

correct.

Highest model is like 2014 EX + premium package ( its 2.4L AWD ) is ~$54K OTD
there, taxes and all fees are included.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
Bet you could get a "deal" on this one :)
Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts