Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One day ago I took delivery of a 2013 Kia Optima SX Canadian model.

The car was factory ordered for me and I waited two months for the Satin Metal order to show up at the dealer. I picked it up next day right after it rolled off the truck. Now this is weird but the odometer reading was 30 km at delivery after the Pre Delivery Inspection. The bill of sale shows the distance travelled at 25 km and I assume the PDI was about 5 km's driven by the dealer.

How is this many km's possible on a new car that was never test driven or used?:confused:

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,941 Posts
Precisely that many..............

·
Registered
Accord, stick
206 Posts
Why you did not ask your dealer????? How do you know it is not used before? Are you sure you got it RIGHT from the factory and not from another dealer? Really? Can you prove it?
Take your VIN number and call KIA Canada and demand to know history of your car; when it was produced, who ordered it, who bought it, etc.

·
Registered
'11 Optima EX 2.4L GDI Automatic
330 Posts
New car that saw a lot of test drives? Or one of those lucky vehicles that took a trip with a Sales person/Manager for a day?

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX,Shelby Cobra GT500,'12 Nissan Sentra,'09 Ford Focus
123 Posts
Sometimes the 1st model year to come of the assembly line get tested at the actual plant on their test track to make sure that any updates made are OK! Mfg usually indicates it or have a STICKER posted on the drivers side that "This car was driven for quality testing"

I'm pretty anal when it comes to my NEW CARS...I don't like to see a bunch of "K's on the odometer, this is why we buy NEW is to have near "0"...I think your dealer should explain as WHY...

·
Registered
Public Transportation
186 Posts
Upon delivery, my new off the truck car had 18 miles. The PDI report said it came in with 12 already on. I know no one else test drove the car because it was special ordered (6spd manual G sedans are hard to come by in the midwest). Ymmv :)

·
Registered
2008 Magentis EX 2.4
16 Posts
I believe Canadian spec cars are still built at the Hwasung Plant in Korea, so 25 km on the car would just be from factory to dock parking lot for loading on ship. Unload from ship at Canadian dock to parking lot. From dock parking lot to rail parking lot then onto train. From train to car trucking lot, load on truck and haul to your dealer, Some of these parking lots are huge, also the Hwasung Plant has a test oval maybe it does a lap around the track before the car is shipped. Anyways the car has traveled 1/2 way around the world to get to you so 30 km is is not very much when it has traveled that far

·
Registered
2014 Optima SXL
92 Posts
check the gps log history, see what it says. Also, you might have ordered your car new from the factory, but the dealer may have swapped from another dealer once your car became available. Besides all new cars come with 7-10 miles already. So you may have picked up extra 7-10, not biggie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts