Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 KIA Optima LX
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Hope you had a great Fourth of July and aren't too hungover this Friday morning :p

Just thought I would register and say hi. I was previously driving a 2002 Honda Civic Si that I had for ten years (I was the second owner). Did a lot of modifications to it but needed something better on gas mileage and more reliable. Ended up private selling the civic on Wednesday for $6,000. Put that $6,000 down on a 2009 KIA Optima. I used to work for KIA for roughly two years as a service technician before I switch career paths and chose the Optima because I know how reliable they can be if maintained properly.

I opted for the 4 cylinder and not the 6 cylinder because the 4 comes with a timing chain and the 6 comes with the timing belt. The Optima is at the dealer right now getting some work done before I go pick her up today. Very very excited, its black with a beige cloth interior.

·
Registered
2009 KIA Optima LX
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you guys know of any reputable sites that offer aftermarket accessories for this year model Optima? I would like to keep the motor and everything stock. Just small things like interior light bulbs, window shades, roof spoiler etc..

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,964 Posts
Do you guys know of any reputable sites that offer aftermarket accessories for this year model Optima? I would like to keep the motor and everything stock. Just small things like interior light bulbs, window shades, roof spoiler etc..
check out our supporting vendors its all there!!

·
Registered
2009 KIA Optima LX
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I checked out all of the vendors on here and the parts they offer are extremely limited.

I did some browsing on the internet and came across this amazing site that offers tons of aftermarket parts for the KIA Optima (2008-2009)

Korean Auto Imports

·
Registered
2009 KIA Optima LX
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the heads up jetech. Had I know there was so many problems with them I wouldn't have linked the website. I did message them about a body kit and they responded back very quickly.

anyways, I took your recommendation to stay away from them and ordered some stuff from ebay. Nothing drastic, just some window and mirror visors/sun shades.

Vent Shade Window Visor Rain Guards for Kia Optima Magentis | eBay

and

Tint Black Side Mirror Rain Snow Guard Visor K008 | eBay

once the parts come in and I install them I will update everyone on quality and fitment!

·
Registered
2009 KIA Optima LX
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello everyone!!!! Just wanted to update everyone on the slow progress of my car ;)

Tomorrow, I will be purchasing a rear diffuser for my Optima with intentions to be running a quad muffler exhaust setup. Will post pics of both the diffuser and exhaust.

Rear diffuser:

imgur: the simple image sharer

PICO E.V.C quad axle back exhaust:

Exhaust will be purchased sometime in December. Will be running the diffuser with stock exhaust for the time being.

Stay tuned :D

·
Registered
2009 KIA Optima LX
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I installed new "K" badges all the way around (front grill, steering wheel and rear trunk). Also went ahead and de-badged the "Optima" and "LX" badges.

Overall the car looks ten times better:cool:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts