Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to bypass the neutral saftey switch on a 2004 rio, The dealership replaced the switch and it was fixed for awhile but now the car dont start in park or neutral. Any suggestions on finding a fix ?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
Don't double post on these forums with the same question.
You will get answers with only one post on the same subject.
Dave

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
Check the mode switch mounted on top of the transmission.
It handles the park/neutral interlock switching for the starter motor.
You can find it by having someone move the selector in the cab and looking for the movement on the tranny.
Your comments also don't help...
I deleted the other two posts and my my first answer...You would have gotten it "if" you hadn't posted three times... So it's a problem you caused..
Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mode swtich i was replaced i think, ive been getting the car started by moving the linkage on the top of the tranny i need to get this thing going its on the street and my insurance is running out in 2 days

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks ill check it out, it was fine for the past 6 months since its been replaced just acting up again im stumped

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Yep follow the procedure in http://www.kiatechinfo.com/ to help it's not that hard
Please fill out your profile some more at least a country where you live all models aren't the same kia tech is free in the USA just have to register

1 - 9 of 9 Posts