Kia Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Waiting for a reply on this one.

Hey, has anyone installed these Nerf bars on a Ebony Black Borrego? I emailed Jack and he said he doesn't know if they will work or not. He said ask here and see if anyone has done this. I just don't want to spend almost $200 if they won't work. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jimbo
Waiting for someone to tell us that they have put these bars on a black Borrego before I buy them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got ours and put them on..thanks so much for posting about them..we had no idea they were available!! we have pix if you need them!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Waiting for someone to tell us that they have put these bars on a black Borrego before I buy them.
I'm trying to read this in a different way, but there's really only one thing it could mean... You think that a different colored Borrego will be...errr different, from the ones that were posted???? If the years are the same, which they are, no other years were built, then yes these bars will work for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm trying to read this in a different way, but there's really only one thing it could mean... You think that a different colored Borrego will be...errr different, from the ones that were posted???? If the years are the same, which they are, no other years were built, then yes these bars will work for you.
Yes, you are correct. The Black Borregos are different. Even the factory does not offer the KIA ones on them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Really a Black Borrego is physically different then a Silver or White one?? Different chassis?? That's silly...
Something to do with the lower trim molding on the Black ones. :mellow: The factory does not offer the running boards that you can get on the other colors due to this...... Go figure, makes no sense. :eek: I would just like to see if anyone has installed the bars on one before I order them. He (e bay seller) does not know for sure (100%) either if they will fit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a black 09 LX and I see no difference in the trim pieces on the bottom of the doors between mine and a red one in the neighborhood. The red one is a two-tone EX red and silver and is identical to mine.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts