Kia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,211 Posts
Just a quick note.

It is within the rules of the forum for members to recommend a source or supplier of related products, either in the selected section of the forum or the classified section, but for a company or agent to advertise products here, they need to arrange this with the forum admin and become a supporting vendor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Smouuk, everybody.... Finally, I've installed my NERF BAR. It took 5 days to have the package. (I'VE GOT ALSO MY BRACKET MISLABELED TOO...)Took some picts on it but unfortunately I cannot show the same as your presentation. (just see my attachment, anyway). It took me more than an hour to completely install just because the plastic bracket which we took out on the lower fascia. I replaced it with the fabricated one. I used Ga. 22 aluminum sht as shown on one of the picture... and alas!!:D I finally made it... Do you have anymore suggestion that I can modify?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That was a really good idea fabricating the aluminum bracket. You inspired me to do the same. It's a great idea for the long run to have that support. Looks good, nice job! :beer:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey smuook...

The guy who sells the nerf bars you bought used your pictures for his Ebay ad.

The pictures also say that JMA (Jack Mikol Automotive) has the copyright on them. :eek:

Those are your pictures, are they not???

Check it:

Black Side Steps Bars Nerf Bar 2009-2010 Kia Borrego:eBay Motors (item 230394276049 end time Nov-30-09 11:18:06 PST)

What's up with that???

Did he get your written permission to copyright your photos in his name?

I was just about to order our nerf bars from this guy, now I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I for one could not wait to get rid of the running boards that came on my Borrego (sold them on ebay). As I am 6'1", I didn't see the need for them (they were actually a hinderance), and to me, running boards are for soccer moms. If you put them on a truck, you should have gotten a minivan. But to each his own.

Disclaimer... just kidding guys/gals. LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
New member. Just ordered the side bars from Jack. Seems like a real nice person to deal with. Only issue is that his store will not allow me to complete the order for the bull bars so I guess I will need to wait until I hear from him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got off phone with Jack from Jack Mikol Automotive
HUMMER JEEP SUV

877-698-7603.
This is where we have all gotten the side steps and the bull bars from. Guys, it is always nice to find what you are looking for AND deal with someone who is good at what they do.
If you want to bars etc. give him a call, you will not be dissappointed.
I hope to get the items ASAP and get them hung on the car and maybe post some pics of it.
It is really nice to be excited about a car again. Haven't been excited since 1969 when I anticipated coming home from the jungle to sit in my 64 Chevy machine. You remember them, loads of room under the hood, put in a bench, your cooler and tools, pull the hood down and work on the engine in a rain storm nice and cozy. Yeah, they were cars!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Long flight home!

Oh, how I remember that long 18 hour flight over there but the one home was the best flight I have ever been on!!! Welcome home brother! :D

Just got off phone with Jack from Jack Mikol Automotive
HUMMER JEEP SUV

877-698-7603.
This is where we have all gotten the side steps and the bull bars from. Guys, it is always nice to find what you are looking for AND deal with someone who is good at what they do.
If you want to bars etc. give him a call, you will not be dissappointed.
I hope to get the items ASAP and get them hung on the car and maybe post some pics of it.
It is really nice to be excited about a car again. Haven't been excited since 1969 when I anticipated coming home from the jungle to sit in my 64 Chevy machine. You remember them, loads of room under the hood, put in a bench, your cooler and tools, pull the hood down and work on the engine in a rain storm nice and cozy. Yeah, they were cars!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Triton 185
It took a lot of years to feel like home and now we have a whole new generation of returnees who seem to be fighting the same old political way. Get the politicios out and leave the fighting to those trained to do it...equals...winning!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay, I received the bars from Jack (mentioned above). Product comes well packed, delivery very prompt. Jack is a great guy to deal with.
Now let me give my opinion of this setup. First of all, anyone out there who wants to add them should go to Jack's site and call to order them.
Pros: everything is top quality etc. no issues here. Install was pretty fast but NOT the twenty minutes mentioned elsewhere. Allow a few more minutes. Also, a con with this is that they come with absolutely NO INX at all. Now, most of you are able to do the work BUT there are always some guys who are not and the lask of inx will hurt them.

A few points on the install: They do line up fine if you know what to look for. Laying on your back the best way to locate the install points is to look for the forward and rear point on the chassis where the cladding is bolted to the chassis. Remove the bolt and slide the bracket under the tab for the cladding and get that new bolt aligned and in hand tight. The remaing two will fall right into place. DO not tighten anything fully until after you mount the side step and align its holes. There is room to adjust the position of the step so do that and then go back and tighten everything else down. I saw soemwhere that one guy did not reattach the cladding to the install and simply tied it into place. Not a good idea in my opinion, it will line up with a little pressure pushing it into place. Once doen it reattaches the cladding nicely. Looks good, very functional. I am satisfied.

Now, on to the bull bar install. Hardly a slip on install. There are cuts in the under covering in the front of the car where the shaft of the bracket fits in. IN my situation the covering had an upward extension of plastic on it that would not allow a snug fit once the bracket was in place. I used a hacksaw blade and cut out a small piece of the plastic which allowed the piece to fit in and allowed the under cover to be bolted in place. Not a hard job but in this case it was a necessary custom fit. Once in place the bull bars slip into place. I would suggest someone there to help hold the bar in place until you get it snugged in. I had noone so it took a little extra effort.
Both items are now on the car, it looks sharp, the steps are functional and add a sporty look to the car.
Hope this additional info helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up a set of these, and thought I'd share some info with anyone who might want to get a set for their Borrego.

First They do not come with instructions, but everything else needed for the install is included. The 4 bar supports are labled driver F/R & passenger F/R. Mine were labled correctly, and once you understand that one side goes under the lower body cladding brace, you'll see theres only one way they'll fit.

The next 2 pictures are of the drivers side braces F then R, notice which way the holes for the bar face.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The tools needed for the Install.

Here is how the install hardware for one side should look.

As was stated above, just hang everything loosely, and then tighten everything after you have them where you want them. My Borrego came with splash guards installed from the factory, and it is a tight fit at the front, but they do fit.

Lastly a couple of pics after the install, sorry for the dirty truck, but it has been raining the last couple of days.

link to ebay search.
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=p3686.m39.l1313&_nkw=kia+borrego+nerf+bars&_sacat=

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, has anyone installed these Nerf bars on a Ebony Black Borrego? I emailed Jack and he said he doesn't know if they will work or not. He said ask here and see if anyone has done this. I just don't want to spend almost $200 if they won't work. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jimbo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey ordered our nerf bars and should get them on Thurs from the same ebay guy. Will post when we get them..thanks for the info..can't wait to install them!!!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
20 Participants
jetech00001
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing