Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<_< Not sure on what to do...I currently own a 2000 Subaru Forester. I like it but I need 1) something bigger (much smaller than Sorento) 2) have an ongoing O2 sensor issue that is costly to repair & 3) cannot afford a Lexus RX330 nor Acura MDX.

What are some tips for negotiating price on the Sorento? I've been doing tons of research mainly consumer reports and kelly blue book and I was wondering did anyone haggle with them on the dealers price vs. MSRP?

I know I missed the $1,500 rebate & 0-2.9% financing (I'm sure something else will come along). What other offers had they have?

Any other advice you can share? My email is: [email protected]

Other than that...the Sorento looks like a GREAT BUY, safety features galore (5 * crash test for front & side impact), and lots of cool options. I soooo want to buy this suv!!!!

Thanks!

-Gooch2028 B)

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Originally posted by gooch2028@Jan 4 2005, 01:52 AM
<_< Not sure on what to do...I currently own a 2000 Subaru Forester. I like it but I need 1) something bigger (much smaller than Sorento) 2) have an ongoing O2 sensor issue that is costly to repair & 3) cannot afford a Lexus RX330 nor Acura MDX.

What are some tips for negotiating price on the Sorento? I've been doing tons of research mainly consumer reports and kelly blue book and I was wondering did anyone haggle with them on the dealers price vs. MSRP?

I know I missed the $1,500 rebate & 0-2.9% financing (I'm sure something else will come along). What other offers had they have?

Any other advice you can share? My email is: [email protected]

Other than that...the Sorento looks like a GREAT BUY, safety features galore (5 * crash test for front & side impact), and lots of cool options. I soooo want to buy this suv!!!!

Thanks!

-Gooch2028 B)
The only advise I have for you is buy a Sorento. You wont regret it. I have had mine for 8 months and it is the best vehicle I have ever owned and it is fun to drive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Once you finally purchase never look back to see what if. Never ask if someone got a better deal, and just enjoy the car you have.

Allen :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
It partially depends which region you are located in. The current rebate is $1400 on a 2005 and $1900 on 2004. There are very few '04's left. There is still a little wiggle room left. Depending on where you're located I may be able to help you. E-mail is:
[email protected]t

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by tdowns@Jan 11 2005, 03:00 PM
It partially depends which region you are located in. The current rebate is $1400 on a 2005 and $1900 on 2004. There are very few '04's left. There is still a little wiggle room left. Depending on where you're located I may be able to help you. E-mail is:
[email protected]

Tdowns...I live in Minnesota. Where are you located?

Still cannot decide if I should buy or lease <_< I've never leased before.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Originally posted by gooch2028@Jan 15 2005, 03:30 PM
Tdowns...I live in Minnesota. Where are you located?

Still cannot decide if I should buy or lease <_< I've never leased before.
I will never lease for two reasons. 1. I drive way too much and 2 I plan on going without a vehicle payment after mine is payed off. I didnt haggle with my dealer on the sticker price because it is a no haggle price instead I haggeled on what they gave me on my trade in. I got my Sorento for just under 20K. Sticker price was $24,800

·
Registered
KIA Optima and Sorento
7 Posts
Hey,

I appreciate the choice of selection you did. One of the best thing to consider in Sorento is sleek, strong, and adaptive to your needs, with more cabin space and MPG Up to 21 city / 28 highway is a great deal. I think for buying any car it's important to understand the point of its depreciation Even if you missed the deal you should be happy at the end for what you are driving and cost paid for the car. If you are looking toward a styling and capabilities of SUV, the best option is off course Sorento. check and do some research for advice on google while buying or selling any used or new car will help you out for sure in the situation.

About the problem that O2 sensor issue that is costly to repair you should try local garage or send the location here so that I can help you with some reference.
Good day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts