Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much did you pay for your '11 Optima?

*Location, model, options, MSRP, negotiated deal, OTD price, your story, etc.

:)

·
Registered
09 Ram 53 Ford F350 94 Wrangler 2003 Sorrento 2011 Optima
370 Posts
26,999 - pretty close to sticker of 27,440. No real deals to be had locally if you wanted one now. They were just getting onto the lots and we got the first one the dealer in Minnetonka had sold.

Satin Metal EX with premium and tech package.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,773 Posts
24 on EBAY awaiting offers............

·
Registered
2011 Optima EX
107 Posts
I got my EX with Premium Package for 22,800, sticker was 25,440. I have an amex card and you can get a discount for being a cardholder, definitely helped the price come down. I put 500 bucks down on the lease, and the out the door price with taxes, fees, and all that stuff was around 24,800 if I remember correctly. I didn't argue with a couple of things, because the dealership was very nice about everything, and they need to make some money too. Going back there to get my girlfriend a new car within the next few months. She's trying to decide between a Forte or an Elantra, she doesn't like bigger cars.

Edit: This is in Rochester, NY - I was the second person to buy an Optima from the dealership, first person was related to one of the sales guys, and I was the first person to buy and EX. They only had 2, red and Metal Bronze. I hate red cars :)

·
Registered
2011 Optima EX
107 Posts
Nope, I leased it. The discount worked for leasing or purchasing. I am paying 335 a month, mind you that was with only 500 down. I also got the Stay-Nu program which allows me to bring the car in every 6 months to have any imperfections on the outside or inside taken care of free of charge. So definitely a good deal to me. My credit wasn't perfect either, I had an old collection from about 5 1/2 years ago which hurt my credit score, but it's just about rebounded since I haven't missed a payment on anything in about 7 years lol.

·
Registered
2011 Optima EX 2.4L (A/T), 2011 Sorento EX 3.5L (A/T) AWD
104 Posts
We paid just under 26,500 for our EX 2.4 w/ premium & technology package, all weather floor mats and dealer fees. Sticker was 27,440 w/o floor mats and dealer fees. We're in MA.

·
Registered
2011 Optima EX
107 Posts
It was a really big struggle for me to decide whether or not I wanted to get the Technology package. I think OEM nav screens look great, but for the money it just as not worth it. Plus, I would've had to wait for them to find a car and get it to the dealership, just to see if I liked how it was implemented and working. I decided I could just use my Droid for navigation, and hopefully stream the nav audio through the bluetooth in the car. Going to test that out soon. Congrats on the car, let us know how you like the nav system and how good the Infinity System is and the back-up camera.

·
Registered
2008 BMW 535i
114 Posts
It was a really big struggle for me to decide whether or not I wanted to get the Technology package. I think OEM nav screens look great, but for the money it just as not worth it. Plus, I would've had to wait for them to find a car and get it to the dealership, just to see if I liked how it was implemented and working. I decided I could just use my Droid for navigation, and hopefully stream the nav audio through the bluetooth in the car. Going to test that out soon. Congrats on the car, let us know how you like the nav system and how good the Infinity System is and the back-up camera.
I've been debating the tech package too. But since it also includes a rear backup cam, and an upgraded sound system, I'm leaning towards getting it. The nav is probably nothing too special, but the idea of trying to use my small screened iphone or even a portable nav's small screen doesn't sound very appealing. I've had nav in the last (4) cars owned/leased anyway. The car is so inexpensive anyway, it pretty much only a matter of aesthetics to me.

HOWEVER, if UVO is released before I buy, I may just go that route instead.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX V6 AWD, 2005 Kia Sportage LX V6 AWD, 2014 Chevy Volt
317 Posts
Nope, I leased it. The discount worked for leasing or purchasing. I am paying 335 a month, mind you that was with only 500 down. I also got the Stay-Nu program which allows me to bring the car in every 6 months to have any imperfections on the outside or inside taken care of free of charge. So definitely a good deal to me. My credit wasn't perfect either, I had an old collection from about 5 1/2 years ago which hurt my credit score, but it's just about rebounded since I haven't missed a payment on anything in about 7 years lol.
Okay, I'm a bit confused. In one response you said you paid $22,500, and now you said you're leasing for $335 a month with $500 down? So which is it? How long is the lease for?

·
Registered
2011 Optima EX
107 Posts
I leased, but I got the price of the car down to 22,800. I negotiated down the price on the car as it was put on the lease so the lease price would be lower. Even though it's a lease, there's still negotiating on the price. My lease is 3 years.

·
Registered
Audi A4, Saab 9-3 Aero SC
174 Posts
Okay, I'm a bit confused. In one response you said you paid $22,500, and now you said you're leasing for $335 a month with $500 down? So which is it? How long is the lease for?
Make sure you do your homework on leasing if you ever consider the option in the future. Sales price absolutely is negotiable on a lease. Do not accept a lease with an MSRP sales price!!

·
Registered
2011 Optima EX 2.4L (A/T), 2011 Sorento EX 3.5L (A/T) AWD
104 Posts
The nav system is great! It's voice activated, in fact the entire system is voice activated though it doesn't always understand what you are saying. There are a lot of voice commands to learn. It'll switch from music to speaking the directions through the front speakers (rears still play music but at a lower volume) then switch back to music when done. The wife also likes the traffic alerts during her commute to/from work.

We opted for the tech pkg really because of the camera to help the wife backing up. She a bit short and couldn't see where the car ends, she's used to a suv where it ends at the glass. The sound is great too and goes really loud but that's not our style.

We also thought it wouldn't be worth it for the amount of $ but after seeing the amount of intergration that goes into one of these systems we understand why. It's not just a nav system, it has touch screen and voice for nav, AM/FM/SAT radio, iPod, phone, USB drive w/ MP3 (which I doubt we'll ever use) and CD. We didn't even care for the sun roof but I'm sure we'll enjoy it once summer comes.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX V6 AWD, 2005 Kia Sportage LX V6 AWD, 2014 Chevy Volt
317 Posts
Make sure you do your homework on leasing if you ever consider the option in the future. Sales price absolutely is negotiable on a lease. Do not accept a lease with an MSRP sales price!!
I wouldn't, I'm just wondering what the buyout price is.

·
Registered
2011 Optima EX
107 Posts
My buyout price at the end of the lease, if I recall correctly, is going to be around 13,300ish. I could be a few hundred off. I figure the residuals on these cars might go up a point or two from when they first debuted, so it could wind up being a very good deal in the end if I just buy it flat out in 3 years, not financing it used. One lump sum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an amex card and you can get a discount for being a cardholder, definitely helped the price come down.
Where can I find information on this discount? Does it matter if it is a Rewards card or just the fact that the AmEx logo is on it sufficient?

1 - 20 of 461 Posts