Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 2000 Kia Sephia and I'm trying to replace the stock radio. The previous owner had some other Pioneer in there, because they left the Pioneer's harness connected (mostly) to the Kia wires. I have some of the wires decoded, but I'm not sure about all of them -- here's what I think I know so far:

white w/ green stripe front left, pos
white w/ black stripe front left, neg
yellow w/ red stripe front right, pos
yellow, no stripe front right, neg
brown w/ green stripe rear left, pos
brown w/ black stripe rear left, neg
green w/ yellow stripe rear right, pos
orange w/ black stripe rear right, neg
green, no stripe power??
black, no stripe ground??
blue w/ white stripe ???
pink, no stripe ???
green w/ black stripe ???

It's been awhile since I hooked up a deck -- my Alpine has a red (power), blue/white (turn-on), yellow (constant 12 volt?), and black (ground). I don't want to mess anything up or fry anything, so I'm hesitant to just start plugging wires together to see what turns the thing on.

Can anybody please complete or correct my wiring decoder, or point me to one that's already been done on the web some place? Thanks in advance!!

-- Evan

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,124 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately they took their other deck and shoved the stock Kia deck back into the opening; they just left their harness mostly attached (red Poineer wire was attached to green Kia wire, black Pioneer went to black Kia, and all the speaker wires were still connected).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, the green was power. I got the ones I needed figured out -- green was power, black was ground, and pink was constant 12 Volt. Still have no idea what the blue/white one is or the green/black stripe one is -- guess they aren't needed.... thanks!
-- Evan

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,124 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts