Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX V-6, 2010 Ford F-150 Super Crew 4X4
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for new tires for my 2011 Sorento. I currently have the Kumho 235/60/18. Live in Georgia so ice and snow is rarely a consideration. Should I stay with Kumho or go with another tire. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento ex luxury, 2014 Subaru Crosstrek XV
82 Posts
My choice would be the Michelin Harmony I had 2 sets of these on previous vehicles, good ride handling and mileage.
By the way what mileage did you get out of the Kuhmo's

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
If it was me and I was on a tight budget, I'd get something like the Yokohama AVID ENVigor. In your size, they're $150/each on tirerack.com. Very good tire with long tread life, and QUIET. If you want to spend a little more and get even more quiet, there's the Goodyear Assurance Comfortred at $174/tire. I had these on my hemi charger and loved them. If I had no budget constraints, that's what I'd buy. Check out the ratings on tirerack.com...tough to beat these at any price.

Best,

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
hmm i wish i could send my tires to somebody i have my kumhos just with 6,000km on them just sitting for a year now

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My choice would be the Michelin Harmony I had 2 sets of these on previous vehicles, good ride handling and mileage.
By the way what mileage did you get out of the Kuhmo's
Thanks! I'll check out the Harmony. With the Kumho's and a V-6 I average 24-25 mpg in mixed driving. 27-28 mpg on trips.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hmmm! The Michelin Harmony does not seem to come in the size I need. 235/60/18.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
If you can afford the Michelins, get them, they always get the best reviews. Not sure if the Harmony model is still available, though, as I heard from a local tire dealer that the Defender was replacing it. Maybe there is some leftover stock?

I have installed the Goodyear Assurance Comfortred and they seemed fine. I have also installed quite a few Uniroyal Laredo Cross Country Tours, and have heard no complaints.

The one thing to remember is not to skimp. Get the best tire to can afford, as most time even if it costs more, the performance and extra life will usually outweigh the extra cost.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about the Michelin Primacy MXV4? Anybody have experience with this tire?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento ex luxury, 2014 Subaru Crosstrek XV
82 Posts
Thanks! I'll check out the Harmony. With the Kumho's and a V-6 I average 24-25 mpg in mixed driving. 27-28 mpg on trips.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was interested in how many miles you had on the Kumho's before you considered replacing them.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6, '03 GSX-R600, '00 Nissan Maxima SE
150 Posts
Like previously mentioned, tirerack.com is an awesome place to research/purchase. I used to buy my tires there all the time. Now, I use tirerack as a reference and the tiresplus by my house will match the price, road hazard, installation, etc included. If you have a Costo/BJ's/Sam's card, even better. Shop those guys against each other and get the best deal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was interested in how many miles you had on the Kumho's before you considered replacing them.
Duh!!!!!!! My bad! That's what I get for posting very late on a Sunday night.I'm at 45K now and could probably get to 50K with them but I will be replacing them soon.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento LX V6
15 Posts
On our other vehicles we have always had good luck with Firestone/Bridgestone Tires specifically Dueler H/L but have heard good things about Continental CrossContact LX20's lately.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts