Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to everyone here. I live in Ghana where temperature could be between 30 to 40 degrees everyday.
My Kia morning 2010 slx, needs engine oil change and I don't know the type to use especially for this hot weather here.

Shell Helix 5w30, 5w40 or 10w40

Your suggestions will most appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,844 Posts
Greetings to everyone here. I live in Ghana where temperature could be between 30 to 40 degrees everyday.
My Kia morning 2010 slx, needs engine oil change and I don't know the type to use especially for this hot weather here.

Shell Helix 5w30, 5w40 or 10w40

Your suggestions will most appreciated.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
Ghana
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/account-details

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,347 Posts
In your country, it is more a matter of what is available and how much you wish to spend for a particular brand. There are many "specialty" oil companies here in the North American market that are better by far than "off the shelf" mass marketed brands. They are also notably more expensive to purchase. But I agree with dubber09 about the weight of oil and due to year of your car, would also suggest a full synthetic High mileage formulation in 10w30 on a 5k mile change interval.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts