Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento AWD , 2013 RDX
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I am on the fence about the silver bumper protector. I am not sure if I should leave it black or go silver ( when I ordered the silver I did not realize I already had the black one)

Black

Silver

So help...lol

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX 3.3 V6 AWD, Snow White Pearl W/Touring Pkg.
63 Posts
In my opinion the black seems to fit the color scheme better

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6, '03 GSX-R600, '00 Nissan Maxima SE
150 Posts
In my opinion the black seems to fit the color scheme better
Agreed. The silver looks a little off. Now if you could get that in chrome.....:cool:

It does match the sidesteps you installed I believe, but all in all, if you could match the tailgate handle and the Kia badge with it, that would be nice. So, go get it dipped in some chrome! Ha!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed. The silver looks a little off. Now if you could get that in chrome.....:cool:

It does match the sidesteps you installed I believe, but all in all, if you could match the tailgate handle and the Kia badge with it, that would be nice. So, go get it dipped in some chrome! Ha!
I can get it in stainless ;)

My original plan was to get the skid plates (those would be in silver) but not sure if I am going in that direction yet. Roof rails are silver ...lol

What to do what to do....lol

Thanks for the feedback so far... it helps

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8, Saab 9-5, 2012 Sorento SX
44 Posts
Just another opinion for what it's worth. I'd be inclined to leave the black bumper cover. As already noted, if you could get an exact match among roof rails, sidesteps, and bumper cover, it would tie together the three elements. But I'm guessing you'll have three slightly different color surfaces that look like they're "trying" to match.

Personally, I rather like the black bumper treatment (and lower cladding) of the LX and EX. And that's coming from someone who just purchased an SX with the . (Got a tremendous deal on a barely used 2012 SX with 7,000 miles and just couldn't justify spending $2000+ more for an equivalent 2013 EX.)

With your white car, I think the black/white combo is especially striking.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
I think the black looks good while the silver is a bit out of place.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After much deliberation... and with you guys validating what I was already feeling.... It will stay black. Thank you for your help

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8, Saab 9-5, 2012 Sorento SX
44 Posts
Just be grateful that you don't have an SX in white. Looks like Moby Dick. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts