Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm thinking of purchasing a new Spectra 5 I'll need it for some 130 miles a day or 35,000 per year. I take care of my vehicles A-1
But I'm not sure this new 2 liter Kia engine will go 200,000 + miles like maybe a Toyota.
Any info would be a plus as I'm looking to purchase either the Kia Spectra-5 or a new Toyota Corolla-s (both 5 speeds for fuel mileage)....again thanks for any quick feedback.

Ps is Kia a stand-up company for customer service and warranty work?

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I just answered your question about the milage on an engine in the Spectra Forum. But about Kia being good for warranty work and customer service that all depends on who you talk to. I have not had much of an issue when it comes to warranty work and customer service. But others have. It all depends on your dealer/service dept. Hope this help ya out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply...and sorry for the double post. Just trying to get as much info as quick possable.
I've got maybe till Saturday to decide which vehicle will be purchased. And I've also herd good and bad about Kia's service...but I've herd worst things about VW!

I really like the spectra-5 also some 3+ thousand less than the Corolla-S but not much savings if the engine blows after 100,000 or so:(
Also no parts for the Kia, not even brake pads, fan belts, rad hoses...dealer only items!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Hammerdown,

I live in the UK and this is my first Kia.

Reading through all the postings from where ever they be I have come to this conclusion, if it wasn't for some of the neat people on this forum who know their stuff a lot of Kia owners would be in the dark.

When it comes to warranty or after sale servicing, as a brand, Kia sucks.

It's clear to me a lot of Kia agents don't know their butt from their elbow and this lack of knowledge of the brand due to lack of training comes across as indifference to the customer.

Do Kia know this, yes, do they care, I doubt it and it won't change while buyers see value as the first priority.

I've had my second-hand diesel Sedona for just over a month, I bought it for its size and it's not a bad looking vehicle and as I wrote the other day I wouldn't swap it but this nagging feeling won't leave me that if something goes wrong, as its bound to, it ain't going to be an easy fix and I don't have a great deal of faith in Kia resolving the issue promptly.

Manufactures need to do what they clearly know and that is looking after existing customers will always mean new customers, would I recommend anyone buying a Kia, not if aftercare service means anything.
Seacam

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by seacam@Aug 12 2005, 08:08 AM
Hello Hammerdown,

I live in the UK and this is my first Kia.

Reading through all the postings from where ever they be I have come to this conclusion, if it wasn't for some of the neat people on this forum who know their stuff a lot of Kia owners would be in the dark.

When it comes to warranty or after sale servicing, as a brand, Kia sucks.

It's clear to me a lot of Kia agents don't know their butt from their elbow and this lack of knowledge of the brand due to lack of training comes across as indifference to the customer.

Do Kia know this, yes, do they care, I doubt it and it won't change while buyers see value as the first priority.

I've had my second-hand diesel Sedona for just over a month, I bought it for its size and it's not a bad looking vehicle and as I wrote the other day I wouldn't swap it but this nagging feeling won't leave me that if something goes wrong, as its bound to, it ain't going to be an easy fix and I don't have a great deal of faith in Kia resolving the issue promptly.

Manufactures need to do what they clearly know and that is looking after existing customers will always mean new customers, would I recommend anyone buying a Kia, not if aftercare service means anything.
Seacam
Wow...great info there! Got me thinking more and more about the 06 Toyota Corolla-S! True, about 3 grand more but I hear nothing but good about their customer service and quality products. Sure every manufacture has it's problem vehicles...but that's where a good Co. stands apart the others.
thanks again...Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts