Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2007 Kia Rondo LX. This evening while driving, the glass in my passenger-side door mirror just fell out and shattered. It's just the glass (and any backing?) that broke, the rest of the assembly looks intact. I had time to stop at 2 auto parts stores, neither carry generic replacements. Tomorrow I will check with a Kia dealer for price, but wanted to know what my options are. IE can I buy just the glass? Is/was there some type of mounting thing too (we looked but couldn't locate it, if there was one)? What's a ballpark price for a dealer, versus online, and where can I find them online?

I'm in the USA, and the mirror is not heated. Not sure what other info you need.

Thanks!
davenetman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I've made a little progress, but still have one question. Does the side mirror have a back-plate, and if so, would one from a dealer include that? Went to a Kia dealer today, a new mirror is $26 (US), only a couple dollars more than a generic so I'll get the dealer one. I was under the impression from postings/listings I've seen that there is a back-plate to the mirror (mine has a black pastic edge around it). One Kia parts page shows something they labelled an 'inner cover' sold seperately for $14, so I'm not sure if that's the same thing. When I asked at the dealer today, he said no, that's something else (but didn't say what it really is). But he couldn't tell if the $26 mirror comes with a backing/edging or not, since they didn't have them in stock and would have to order it. Does anyone here know?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts