Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2007 Kia Rondo LX. This evening while driving, the glass in my passenger-side door mirror just fell out and shattered. It's just the glass (and any backing?) that broke, the rest of the assembly looks intact. I had time to stop at 2 auto parts stores, neither carry generic replacements. Tomorrow I will check with a Kia dealer for price, but wanted to know what my options are. IE can I buy just the glass? Is/was there some type of mounting thing too (we looked but couldn't locate it, if there was one)? What's a ballpark price for a dealer, versus online, and where can I find them online?

I'm in the USA, and the mirror is not heated. Not sure what other info you need.

Thanks!
davenetman

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
I think you are going to have to do all your own leg work on this as something like this is pretty rare and doubtful anyone else can give you your answers without doing there own leg work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I've made a little progress, but still have one question. Does the side mirror have a back-plate, and if so, would one from a dealer include that? Went to a Kia dealer today, a new mirror is $26 (US), only a couple dollars more than a generic so I'll get the dealer one. I was under the impression from postings/listings I've seen that there is a back-plate to the mirror (mine has a black pastic edge around it). One Kia parts page shows something they labelled an 'inner cover' sold seperately for $14, so I'm not sure if that's the same thing. When I asked at the dealer today, he said no, that's something else (but didn't say what it really is). But he couldn't tell if the $26 mirror comes with a backing/edging or not, since they didn't have them in stock and would have to order it. Does anyone here know?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts