Kia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;) hello,my girlfriend has the kia rio 2001 and i just intalled new plugs on it ,the pluga came pregaped around .35 but the stiker in the hood calls for somthing like .60 what is correct ? i decided to leave them like they came,car now runs fine,before it would stall most of the time in the morning first couple of miles then ran fine ,i olso replaced the ignition cables ,all OEM parts,dealer wanted over 400 dlls ,it costed me only no more than one hundred,olso the catalitic converter smells like rooten eggs most of the time ,dealer never fixes it, they tell you its ok ,that no problem with it ,but r now i need the sparkplug gap ,thanks in advance

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can't see that there would be a differance between the first and second gen engine as the only differance is the displacement is only slightly bigger on the second gen. The second needs 0.043 (43 thousanths (sp LOL), not hundreths). This converts into 1.1 MM which I am sure that is what the first gen takes too.

As far as your cat goes, it is MOST likely bad. The smelling of rotten eggs is a strong indicator of the cat being bad. In the US new cars are required to have warrantly coverage on emmisions parts. If this dealer is giving you crap, go to a different dealer or request to talk to the regonal manager about this. Good luck!

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.