Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I have this 97 Sephia 1.8 standard for couple of months. One month ago the CEL came on, Autozone read code 0455, I checked the gas cap and there was fuel vapor outside the seal. Bought a new cap and reset the ECU and everything was fine until today, again CEL on, code 0455 (Large leak). So gas cap is tight and new, where else should I be looking; any suggestions appreciated. It is very hot and humid today in the NE, if that helps. :(
Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
well, i live in hot & humid conditions 200 days a year & ive never had that problem :p so its not likely that it has anything to do with that. they should be able to tell you at autozone why you got that code (dont they have a referance manual??) is it a genral leak? or fuel leak? or vapor leak? air? collant? power steering fluid? if they cant even give you a clue, go to another autozone, cause they obviously suck at that task. or go to a dealer, they will be able to tell you for sure, but theyll probly charge you :rolleyes:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the response. Autozone just reads the code with the hope of selling you something. The OBD II directories on the web just say that 0455 means large leak in the EVAP system. Now what I want to know is where to start looking. Gas cap is new, so there should be a hose/connection somewhere leaking. Oh, hadn't thought of going to the dealer! I am broke man, driving a used car and want to minimize the damage as much as possible, you are sending me to the wolves. :unsure: :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there was a recall on the "Sephia Evaporative Fuel Vapor Hose Replacement" on the 1996-7 if the Check engine light wht the DTC code of P0440 0442 0455 check for a sticker on your fuel door it will say "SC008" if not take it to your Kia Dealer and if it is there check all hoses on gas tank and all fuel components like Fuel filter/pump

·
Registered
126 Posts
To 97Molavi: keep in mind that On Board Diagnostics(OBD2) is a way to check the emmisissions related equipment of the car. Anything that one gleans relating to how the car runs or is tuned is strictly coincidental. As far as could this code cause your car to run lean I would say possibly. I know it seems to fit but one never knows. Good luck. speedster1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts