Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Theresa and my husband David and I own a 1998 KIA Sportage, which I'm not especially happy with, but we are trying to muddle through until we can afford something else.

At the moment he would just like to give it a tune up but cannot find the plugs and wires. We are also having a similar problem to someone else here with the spitting and sputtering in 2nd/3rd gear - but I printed out where the fuel pump and filter are located, which is what he needed to know. However, does anyone have any diagrams of either of these or anything else helpful? He really wants a manual, but I'm not sure where to get one or how good it would be. I would be happy to have someone email me the diagrams!

Thanks
Theresa

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haVE BEEN TOLD THAT KIA SPORTAGE 2.0 SPARK PLUGS AND WIRES ARE BELOW THE LID FIXED WITH SEVERAL BOLTS ON THE MIDDLE OF THE ENGINE CAP. YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE WHOLE RUBBER AIR PIPE THAT CROSSES THE ENGINE AND SOME OTHER DETAILS ON THE REAR PART OF THE ENGINE, TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE LID. THEN YOU NEED TO UNSCREWW THE BOLTS TO RELEASE THE LID. A MESS!
LUCK!
ALDO

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
The member Jill sent me an email and this is what was said.......

We have a 2000 Kia sportage and just hate it! We too are waiting until
we can afford something else. I would ask a dealership for a manual.
I will never purcahse another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts