Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying a 2019 Sorento SX or SX Limited, depending on which trim offers the better deal. For the 2019 Sorento SX, I'm interested in the build with AWD, Touring Package, Passion Red, Black Interior, Puddle Lights, and Remote Start. For the 2019 Sorento SX Limited, I'm interested in the build with AWD, Snow White Pearl, Terracotta Nappa Leather, Puddle Lights and Remote Start (are the Puddle Lights & Remote Start options worth getting?). There is currently a $2500 Manufacturer Cash back until 9/4/18. Is it a good time to make the purchase with the $2500 Cash back or should I wait? I'm not really in a rush to buy a new car right now and can wait for a best possible promotion. I've tried Costco Auto program and it connected me to one dealer. I've checked that dealer's website but it doesn't seem like it even has the build(s) I'm interested in. In fact, I've checked all the dealerships around me and none of them have the correct build or color choice that I wanted. Do they get a new one in to match with my build if they don't have one readily available?

I also used True Car, and it connected me with three different dealerships. Again, none of them have the correct configuration. True Car does show that they're subtracting about $2,400 for the SX and about $2,700 for the SX Limited in what they listed as "Certified Dealer MSRP Discount".

Another thing that I've noticed is that some dealerships offer 20-year, 200,000-mile warranty on powertrain. I saw one about 2 hours away that offer it. How much does that additional warranty worth if say the OTD price is higher than a dealership that doesn't offer it?

I know there's a lot of questions here but I wonder if you folks can help me out. What's the OTD price I should hope for with the 2 configuration that I listed? Thanks.

·
Registered
825 Posts
A 20/200K warranty is worth nothing to you if you don't plan to keep the car past the 10/100K as I suspect it is not a transferable warranty. Not knowing how long you tend to keep cars, there's no way to gauge that.

As for the OTD price on those configurations, you should have a at least a sense from that True Car already ... open up the search distance if you need to. Apart from special colors, that won't impact price, so don't get focused on that.

Problem is that there is always some chance that neither of your very specific configurations+colors was ever built. It's a bit of a crap shoot, and unlike some others, you don't get a made-to-order configuration from these guys. You get to choose from what's already on the lots, period.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A 20/200K warranty is worth nothing to you if you don't plan to keep the car past the 10/100K as I suspect it is not a transferable warranty. Not knowing how long you tend to keep cars, there's no way to gauge that.

As for the OTD price on those configurations, you should have a at least a sense from that True Car already ... open up the search distance if you need to. Apart from special colors, that won't impact price, so don't get focused on that.

Problem is that there is always some chance that neither of your very specific configurations+colors was ever built. It's a bit of a crap shoot, and unlike some others, you don't get a made-to-order configuration from these guys. You get to choose from what's already on the lots, period.
How do you open up the search distance on True Car? I don't see an option for that. Do I just enter a different zip code? The inventory from the 3 dealers that were selected for me was very limited.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yes. Go to the white box on the right at the top and throw in any zip code appropriate for some nearby towns that are outside your current search range based upon your initial results with your own zip code.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Don't see where you are located, but if you garage your vehicle nightly you probably don't need to buy it with a remote start. The puddle lights are not needed either, which would increase the chances of finding.what you want. If the SX leather seating is fine, you should get it with the SX package and forego the extra chrome, better lights, and Nappa leather seats to save around $2,000.

With all the new safety devices coming out yearly, the 20 year warranty (should the dealer still be around) is overkill. In 10 years there should be many self-driving vehicles from which to choose !!

The dealer will look around to trade with another dealer for what you want to make the sale. My dealer found one in the right color in the SXL which had a remote starter, so they threw it in for the prior agreed price. Grab the $2500 rebate now rather than gambling it will go up after Labor Day.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Do you step in a lot of puddles? I’ve never had puddle lights and never felt anything was missing.

The 20 year warranty is a gimmick. Who has a car for 20 years?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a TrueCar price of $40,700 for a 2019 Sorento SX AWD with Touring Package, Cargo Cover ($150), Carpeted Cargo Mat w/ Seatback Up Protection ($115), Mud Guards ($95). Would that be a good price?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are good points. I'll forego the 20-year warranty and the puddle lights in my search. The remote start could be useful when it gets hot in the Summer where I live in San Jose and I don't park in the garage.

Don't see where you are located, but if you garage your vehicle nightly you probably don't need to buy it with a remote start. The puddle lights are not needed either, which would increase the chances of finding.what you want. If the SX leather seating is fine, you should get it with the SX package and forego the extra chrome, better lights, and Nappa leather seats to save around $2,000.

With all the new safety devices coming out yearly, the 20 year warranty (should the dealer still be around) is overkill. In 10 years there should be many self-driving vehicles from which to choose !!

The dealer will look around to trade with another dealer for what you want to make the sale. My dealer found one in the right color in the SXL which had a remote starter, so they threw it in for the prior agreed price. Grab the $2500 rebate now rather than gambling it will go up after Labor Day.
Do you step in a lot of puddles? I’ve never had puddle lights and never felt anything was missing.

The 20 year warranty is a gimmick. Who has a car for 20 years?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought my SX L two weeks ago for 32K+7,500 trade + TTL.

45,935 sticker price, final deal included a few extras: wheel locks, cargo net, cargo cover, and stupid vin number etch on the 4 windows.

To be fair it had been on their lot for 10 weeks and odometer showed it had made 20 miles worth of test drives.

I figure it was not a popular color here in hot TX - "Dragon Brown". I've been shopping hard for months and it seems the white and silver and black are the most popular colors.

I went in bare since True Car, CarPro, and other services like that cost the dealer between $300 and $500 on a sale. And I saw my son use True Car which resulted in 100's of phone calls from car sales guys even after he bought.

Definitely avoid the 20 year warranty scam, there's a local dealer here who gives 'lifetime' warranty that no one can collect on given the fine print in the deal.

Even the Kia 10/100 is for the original owner, additional owners get 5/50.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought my SX L two weeks ago for 32K+7,500 trade + TTL.

45,935 sticker price, final deal included a few extras: wheel locks, cargo net, cargo cover, and stupid vin number etch on the 4 windows.

To be fair it had been on their lot for 10 weeks and odometer showed it had made 20 miles worth of test drives.

I figure it was not a popular color here in hot TX - "Dragon Brown". I've been shopping hard for months and it seems the white and silver and black are the most popular colors.

I went in bare since True Car, CarPro, and other services like that cost the dealer between $300 and $500 on a sale. And I saw my son use True Car which resulted in 100's of phone calls from car sales guys even after he bought.

Definitely avoid the 20 year warranty scam, there's a local dealer here who gives 'lifetime' warranty that no one can collect on given the fine print in the deal.

Even the Kia 10/100 is for the original owner, additional owners get 5/50.
39.5K for an SX L is even cheaper than my estimate for an SX even if it has 20 miles of test drive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts