Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I need your help ...

After many attempts from my mechanic to fix a non-engaging 4 wheel low (replacing transfer case motor and dash selector switch -- see thread link below) I took it to the the dealer. They diagnosed it as a bad Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM) and want to charge me $1,300 parts and labor to replace. That seems kinda high. I hear it should only cost $300 to $400 dollars for the part.

See my original thread here:

http://www.kia-forums.com/2003-2010-sorento-forum/79629-4w-low-wont-engage-need-help.html#post431249

My Sorento is no longer in the shop .. but I need some help because maybe I can do this myself and save some money.

Questions...

Is it difficult to replace the TCCM? Have you done it or had it replaced? I understand it is located somewhere on the passenger side inside the cab? Any diagrams or pictures you may have? I found a couple on the web for later models. It looks like a box with a connector and that's it. Doesn't seem that complicated.

I read on another forum that no programming is necessary, it can just be swapped out? is this true?

Do you know what the part number would be for an '03 Sorento EX with Torque on Demand?

Where can I purchase this part?

Thanks for your help. Hopefully I can get this fixed reasonably.

·
Registered
OPTIMA HYBRID, FORD EXPLORER, MK2 JETTA
5 Posts
I dont know if you have gotten your answer yet.. it is not hard to replace. Its located under the pass front carpeting. Peal up the carpeting and its bolted to the center console bracing. There are two connectors and two ten mm bolts. If you were seating in the seat it would be near where your left foot rests..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts