Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help replacing the ccv on my spectra5 2005 i was wondering what is the easiet way to replace it. kiateckinfo website do not work for me.

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody knows? ima go ahead and give kiatechinfo another try.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dave were are you i need your help.. lol

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
Geez...
My 88 yr old mom fell and broke here hip..I guess kia-forums is more important..
She really broke it. but I'm joking about the "hardships"...
Wife and I went to see her this afternoon and just got back...
The surgeon said if you had to have a broken hip you should do it her way..
Three screws to pull the ball back together and he was done...
Have you tried what I suggest to successfully get on kiatechinfo?
You need to be running Windows (Xp/Vista/7 (even 8)
You need to be using Internet Explorer ver 7/8/9. (use the compatability "switch" also)
You need to download and install SVG (scaled vector graphics) from Adobe
You need an email account (for kia to send the password to).
The site does NOT like Safari/Chrome/Firefox or ANY OTHER OS (operating system) like Mac or Linux..
If you stick with the above formula you WILL get registered and on KGIS.

I have heard grumblings about them "updating" the site to allow "other" software soon... Let's hope so...
Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,922 Posts
BTW...
I believe it is located under a black plastic shield just behind the gas tank and is attached to the carbon canister.
Dave

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geez...
My 88 yr old mom fell and broke here hip..I guess kia-forums is more important..
She really broke it. but I'm joking about the "hardships"...
Wife and I went to see her this afternoon and just got back...
The surgeon said if you had to have a broken hip you should do it her way..
Three screws to pull the ball back together and he was done...
Have you tried what I suggest to successfully get on kiatechinfo?
You need to be running Windows (Xp/Vista/7 (even 8)
You need to be using Internet Explorer ver 7/8/9. (use the compatability "switch" also)
You need to download and install SVG (scaled vector graphics) from Adobe
You need an email account (for kia to send the password to).
The site does NOT like Safari/Chrome/Firefox or ANY OTHER OS (operating system) like Mac or Linux..
If you stick with the above formula you WILL get registered and on KGIS.

I have heard grumblings about them "updating" the site to allow "other" software soon... Let's hope so...
Dave
Sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she have speedy recovery. I did not mean to call u out like that i was just kidding. sorry

BTW...
I believe it is located under a black plastic shield just behind the gas tank and is attached to the carbon canister.
Dave
Yeah i located the CCV but i could not find a way to get is off. there is one 10mm bolt holding what seems to be both ccv and filter tube and the carbon canister is behind it.i took the 10mm bolt off but still wont come off i tried sliding it up left right down and it wont budge. i took the gas tank straps off and lower that tank from the back side but i could not have a good look on how the whole assembly comes off and i dont wanna force it off cause i might break something else. Kiatech info does not work for me. i have internet explorer8 and just recently downloaded the latest 9 and it still dont work.

·
Super Moderator
6,922 Posts
I knew you were poking fun at me and took it as such.
Mom got extremely lucky in getting the BEST surgeon in NE Ohio.
Surgeory was done via arthroscopic hip surgery and was "lucky enough" to have one of the least damaging fractures of the hip... Three screws to pull the ball back together and then back out of the hip area... I got to talk to the surgeon and he amazed me with what he could do.. He said anyone could have had this type of injury at any age and Mom has relatively strong bones for being 88 years young. My wife's family (both sisters,one brother, and her past mother) have had joint replacements so she got his name and phone number for possible future help...

Downloading "9" is probably one of your problems...
Microsoft is forcing "older sites" to upgrade their software (more money for MS) by making them incompatable with their "newer" IE versions..
KGIS is running old software and IE9 is the least compatable of the IE versions.
The "mode" is now automatically enabled (or not). With earlier versions of IE YOU turned it on...now...you have no say...

This is MICROSOFTs list of "compatable" older sites...
http://ie9cvlist.ie.microsoft.com/ie9CompatViewList.xml
kiatechinfo.com is NOT included in this list and therefore will not be run in "compatability mode"...

You can force ALL sites to be "viewed" in compatability mode...
Here's Microsoft's view of this created "problem"
Windows Internet Explorer 9 Compatibility View List (Windows)
I'd hate to have you miss out on all the "goodies" available on KGIS because of MS... Can you post the
OS ....Windows (XP/Vista/7/8)
Viewers tried (IE 7,8,9),Firefox,Chrome, Safari (Apple)
Have you installed Adobe SVG?
Have you looked into using compatability mode?
Some simple things overlooked may "keep you out" of KGIS...

You probably can tell I DON'T like Microsoft and stay away from it as much as possible... I do have to "boot" into XP with IE 7 to gain access to KGIS...
All other times I run Ubuntu (Linux)...No malware/trogen horses/viruses/Microsoft.

A suggestion...
You might want to get a complete assembly from a salvage yard...then you will have one available to look at in good light and you'll have "spares" available.
Dave

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats the thing. i rarely see our body style spectras in the salvage yard and when i do its either burnt to crisp or everything is already been strip out of it.

·
Super Moderator
6,922 Posts
I just checked the Wash DC area at the car-part.com site and there are 05 Spectras. I used search "gas tank" as the ccv would be attached...
Even if you have the Spectra5 (hatchback) the part(s) should be the same...
as a 4 door. I used car-part.com for many parts searches for my two Spectras and our two Hyundais with great success. They give you the yard name and the distance from your zip code and the price if listed... Find the gas tank and you found the CCV ...Call and verify what you want and they probably will have it sitting on the counter waiting for you.
Dave

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wanted to go to the salvage yard that has one and i want to pull the part out myself. there is a salvage yard about 30 mins away from my apt that will let me experiment on their car. they have an 03 hyndai elantra and when i did a google search it might be the same gas tank config. i guess ima going to be busy in the junkyard this weekend and hopefully it dont get to cold cause i hate it more than anything working on my car when its cold outside. i will keep you posted. Thanks again DAVE

·
Super Moderator
6,922 Posts
An 03 Elantra might be too old to be close to the 05 Spectra design.
The 05 and newer would be closer.
I'm surprised that there hasn't been much activity on your post.
Just looked on ebay and found that the same CCV is used in...
KIA 00-05 RIO and the 03-09 SPECTRA.
Kia 00 05 Rio 03 09 Spectra Canister Close Valve 31430 2F500 | eBay
It looks like the square base of it may slide onto a metal prong. I have seen where the prong has barbs on similar mounts.
They are an expensive little bugger...around $100.
VALVE - CANISTER CLOSE. Kia # 314302F500

I also found this site in Korea that has it pretty cheap $26...I haven't read any reviews on them though...
Auto Part Item View : 314302F500 VALVE-CANISTER CLOSE for HYUNDAI/KIA CERATO(OLD)

on ebay as "koraps-autoparts"
Just some info...
Dave

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i bought 1 from kia for 87.00. I will have to look at it on sat.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the top left of the thing is hook up to an round maybe a filter looking thing thats mounted on a metal back plate that i cant for some reason get off. there is 1 bolt holding the assembly and it look like i need to get both of them off to get the CCV off. it was getting on my nerve because i might just have to take the whole tank off. and the rear sway bar is on the way and when i tried to take it off it strip the bolt so i just put everything back toegther before i broke something else. lol

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE: there is NO way to remove the CCV without taking the whole tank off. i took the tank off to get to the vavle. there is 2 8mm bolts that holds the bracket that attaches to the ccv, breather, and anothe thing that goes under the ccv. you cant just slide off those 3 things there is a pull latch that is behind all of it and the only way to get it off is to take the whole assembly out to access it behind the plate.

·
Super Moderator
6,922 Posts
Thank you for the update...
Your "pain" WILL help others...
If you took pictures please pot them here
Dave

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gotcha. i took some pics but im always having problem posting pics on here. ima go ahead and try to post them but if it dont work i will email it to you so you can post them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts