Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento Ex
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m new to this forum. And I have a 2011 Sorrento. My car since Christmas has had all its lights start to flicker when I drive it( headlights, dash, basically everything electrical.) lol!! I’ve had it with my mechanic for almost 2 weeks now. He has ruled out the alternator, replaced the battery. He says everything reads great. We thought the problem was done and it ran great. The next day same problem the whole car was dead. No juice, so he replaced the battery again and still the same. He seems to think something is shorting out somewhere. Now he is painstakingly trying to find the loose connection. Please help I need my car back. The car is great just this problem . Thanks
William

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,627 Posts

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,627 Posts
Best take it to an auto-elec shop, not a mechanic.

·
Registered
Silver 2012 Kia Sorento FWD Base with 2.4L
110 Posts
I had a nearly same issue. It was a bad starter. My lights were slightly flickering when idle or at a stop because the alternator was struggling to charge the battery. A bad starter acted like an open short of some sort causing parasitic battery drain. Has your trip meter reset at every startup or do you notice when starting, it didn't appear to "start right"? Like weak or just not enough "ooomph"? New alternator and battery didn't fix it. Tests kept showing bad battery. One day the car would not start and the mechanic picked it up. Latest test showed bad starter. Replaced and running right at last.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento Ex
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well!! After all the work the mechanic did on it. It was a bad alternator after all. Anyways working as of now. Thanks for help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts