Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2003 Honda S2000
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am on a road trip and can't research well can somebody please help (can't get to kiainfotexh).

My headlights, fog lights and left bright are out, my radio cones on but no audio (amp power?), and no power windows
There is no fuse marked for the headlights or relay, can someone please help?!?!

Also can I take ny KIA to a Hyundai dealership for warranty work such as this?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update: I'm still in a rental car they're replacing one of the electrical blocks (I think the one in the engine bay) and going to "try that"... didn't sound that confident but the part should be in today or tomorrow. Will continue to update as information is available.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my car back yesterday (after almost 3 weeks). Some electrical issue with one of the computers under the dash losing it's programming. The technical documents were not accurate which caused an issue diagnosing and fixing the problem, hence the delay. Now to deal with getting reimbursed for the rental and work with KIA corporate on addressing the "my vehicle is not reliable" concerns. :-/

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
Thats one of the crappy things about kia vehicles, most mechanics dont know to much about them and parts are hard to come by or take time to get. Glad u got it fixed but three weeks is ridiculous you better make sure kia pays for all of it including the rental.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Kia is covering the rental, they would also be covering the hotel if I didn't get to my destination but we just moved everyone from my car and packed the other cars tight for the remainder of our trip to our location another 2.5 hours away.

My goal right now is for Kia to replace the vehicle or buy it back from me. I just don't consider it reliable and it is leaving a bad taste in my mouth from Kia which makes me mad since I know 2 people that bought Kias and they wouldn't have even considered Kia until they got in my car and saw the upgraded interior quality. I've had several small issues and two major ones (My brakes failed back in August, and then this, as lighting failure at night while driving, is something I consider major). In total I have 16 or 17 printouts (in 14 months of ownership) from the dealership's service department (only 2 are for maintenance) for work done on my vehicle. Unfortunately due to the nature of the problems and timing it doesn't qualify under the Texas lemon law so it's up to Kia on how they want to handle this, and how big of a deal I continue to make about it going forward if not satisfied... and I can be pretty persistent ;)

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
Kia is covering the rental, they would also be covering the hotel if I didn't get to my destination but we just moved everyone from my car and packed the other cars tight for the remainder of our trip to our location another 2.5 hours away.

My goal right now is for Kia to replace the vehicle or buy it back from me. I just don't consider it reliable and it is leaving a bad taste in my mouth from Kia which makes me mad since I know 2 people that bought Kias and they wouldn't have even considered Kia until they got in my car and saw the upgraded interior quality. I've had several small issues and two major ones (My brakes failed back in August, and then this, as lighting failure at night while driving, is something I consider major). In total I have 16 or 17 printouts (in 14 months of ownership) from the dealership's service department (only 2 are for maintenance) for work done on my vehicle. Unfortunately due to the nature of the problems and timing it doesn't qualify under the Texas lemon law so it's up to Kia on how they want to handle this, and how big of a deal I continue to make about it going forward if not satisfied... and I can be pretty persistent ;)
That sucks man it would piss me off to, but out of the many thousands of sorentos they make some are going to have problems and its sounds like you might have one. Contact Kia directly see what they say and give them a chance to make it right, if they dont who can blame you for throwing it to the curb. This is my first kia I did my research before I got it and pretty much knew what I was getting, and so far it has exceded my expectations but we will have to see in the long run.
Also it sounds like there are a lot of crappy kia dealerships out there that make the whole process a lot more difficult then it has to be, I guess we just have to find the best one.
Good Luck

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KIA Corporate has been reviewing my case since the Wed before Thanksgiving, last I heard they were waiting for them to get all their service records from the dealership (seriously... it's not on a central computer?!), but they should have that by now.

My dealership has actually treated me very well, so not a whole lot of complaints about them. Will keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
As long as your dealership is treating you well, then thats good! As long as the dealership is making sure you are happy then be happy! It's understandable to be upset, but these new vehicles have so many computers and electrical blocks that it is very hard to diagnose something like this. My dealer on the other hand...lets not go there haha

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So after having my car back for a whole week I took it to the Kia dealership to get the 22500mile service done and got a call back "Well, we finished the service and as they were backing out of the service bay the engine bucked, stalled and the transmission went out. We've got a part on order and we'll call Enterprise to have them arrange to pick you up and put you in a rental vehicle"... ugh, I officially hate this car. I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this point.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I'm going to try calling Kia corporate one more time tomorrow and give them the chance to make it right before I acquire representation.

A quick update: I got my car back yesterday, apparently there wasn't a problem with the transmission, just one of the pins in a connector that they were testing as part of the previous repair had a bad connection. They fixed the pin and said "if it happens again we'll have to replace the harness". At least that's what they told me...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts