Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2009 Kia Boreggo and totally love it so far. I am planning on towing a travel trailer which has electric brakes. I found in the glove box the Kia factory plug to connect to the electric brake controller. My Borrego has a factory hitch with 7 pronge wiring plug. The plug works great and lights all my lights on the travel trailer. My question is does anyone know where the Borrego plug is located under the dash for the electric brake controller? I have spotted the same colored wires behind the drivers side kick panel that has the hood latch lever attached. Those wires come out of the harness and appear to head back down towards the floor and I can not pull them out of the kick panel. I am not sure if they are attached to the plug I am looking for or are hard wired to something. I have looked under the dash and am ready to remove some kick panels to find the plug. I do not want to go on a fishing expedition and end up braking tabs on the kick panels. If I knew exactly where the plug is located, it would help. The part number I have on the factory connector is 91890-2J500-E A 01 Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego LX
246 Posts
You've probably found your plug by now, judging by the age of the original post. From what I remember when I did mine, the plug should be a little higher just behind the e-brake pedal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts