Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 kia sportage
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, while doing a tune up this morning, I couldn't get the rear fitting off of the fuel filter. Before anyone asks, I've taken quick disconnects off before. After 20 minutes wrestling with it, it finally came off.
I'm guessing that the last person to change the filter busted some tabs off of it. Not real sure how it stayed on. I am not going to try my luck with it again.
What I need help with is finding a part # to order a new line. Its the supply line that goes from the hard line on the frame, to the rear of the filter. Quick disconnects on either side. Called my local dealer, and got ZERO help. Told me to bring it in because he couldn't find it in the schematic.
Any help would be appreciated. Part #, Repair ideas, name of a better parts guy. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2000 Sportage 4x4 , 1998 Saturn SC2
65 Posts
You might do better going to a " Pick'n'Pull" salvage yard and getting a used one off another Sportage . Doesnt need to be eact yr.

·
Registered
2002 kia sportage
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking too. Bought a repair kit, but I don't think it will make a tight bend. Getting ready to try it in a minute. Thanks

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'd go with cncman's suggestion of sourcing from a salvage yard/pick-n-pull also, if no joy on the repair kit.
--
re: dealer could not locate part - I also ran into this issue last year, but it's not entirely the parts person's fault: our vehicles are considered "really old" now / the computer system at the dealer doesn't make it easy, at all, for them to source or locate parts for our Sporty's...

That's probably why he asked you to bring the part in to match on (1) of the many exploded view diagram(s) on the computer.

Regards,
GottaCruise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts