Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX V6
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me some info on this part the Ac Clutch Coil can it be changed without removing the compressor from the car? 07 Rondo 2.7 V6.

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
04 Mercedes C230, 08 Rondo LX V6
367 Posts
FWIW, all of the compressor repairs decribed in the online service manual are with the compressor removed

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX V6
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much...thats what I was wondering as it would explain $400 to change the coil at a repair shop...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you very much...thats what I was wondering as it would explain $400 to change the coil at a repair shop...
Are they sure it's actually the coil?

I'm just wondering whether the true issue is the clutch has worn and the coil can't overcome the increased gap once everything gets really warm under the bonnet.

If they do change the coil, just be wary that they ensure, and re-shim if necessary. It might be worth questioning why they believe it's the coil over the clutch being worn outside of tolerance.

As to removing the compressor, it can vary on implementation, location and access - plus what work they need to do. For example the home or mobile mechanic may prefer to do as little dismantling as possible whereas in a workshop, they'd likely be more interested in what makes the job easiest and quickest to do.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX V6
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll they diagnosed it and the coil was not working they replaced it I did see them working on the car as they had the front wheel off and plastic skid plates off too. I was shown the old coil and since they replaced it the A/c is working with no issues...thank goodness..cost me $388.00 for the whole job which I figure is fair if the compressor had to be removed and then recharged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts