Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys first post so here I go.
I have a 2003 kia shuma ii se 1.8 petrol, the other day my eml came on today I have had it read and it came back as misfire cylinder 1. coils/leads/plugs have been changed previously so ruled out and was told it is most possibly number 1 injector.
Well having to work to a budget I'm trying to find the alternative injector like bosch etc, kia could not give me any part numbers apart from there own which is £68,
so do any of you guys know what type of injector I would need

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
Have you swapped the injector with another one.. "If" the problem moves to the new location then you know you have a bad injector...If not you have not wasted any money and only a little time..
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you swapped the injector with another one.. "If" the problem moves to the new location then you know you have a bad injector...If not you have not wasted any money and only a little time..
Dave
Thanks for the reply, I was told you couldn't swap injectors over as it might make the problem worse.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
I have used this as a test procedure and haven't had any problems other than possibly a damaged "rubber" "O" ring not seating from the move. And even then not that often..

"O" rings are available in boxes at Harbor Freight here in the States (USA).
They are actually made of Nitrite or HNBR and not really rubber..
225 pieces and $7~10 for the box ("If" needed) HNBR type are best but Nitrite is OK.
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts