Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago a mouse or something crawled up into my borrego and died leaving a nasty reaking odor. I looked under the mats, checked the cabin filter, took out the second row seats but still can't isolate where this is coming from...

I did notice that the stink gets worse when I turn on the rear heat/vent and I suspect that a mouse crawled in the rear heater duct and died but I need some instructions on how to remove the seats, molded carpet floor panels and the heater duct.

Also any suggestions on where else to look in order to find this nasty thing and remove it from my Borrego is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
09 Borrego EX V8 2WD
103 Posts
A couple weeks ago a mouse or something crawled up into my borrego and died leaving a nasty reaking odor. I looked under the mats, checked the cabin filter, took out the second row seats but still can't isolate where this is coming from...

I did notice that the stink gets worse when I turn on the rear heat/vent and I suspect that a mouse crawled in the rear heater duct and died but I need some instructions on how to remove the seats, molded carpet floor panels and the heater duct.

Also any suggestions on where else to look in order to find this nasty thing and remove it from my Borrego is appreciated.

Thanks
This Kia technical site used to be free...but now you need to pay a fee to become a member. https://www.kiatechinfo.com/

See if this helps any:

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts