Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just booked one unit of Naza Ria 2.5 SE Version (which comes complete with the related promotion package for month of November 2005 by Naza on their 30th Anniversary). In general, I would like to know from any current owners of the same model on the service, spareparts to watch for and the common problem (if any) that so far has been noted.
Fundamentally I am purchasing this care for its safety features, presentation and the comfort as its made to feature. The distance between the back door and the end seat is decent enough compared to most MPVs and this makes it much safer in case there is a back-end impact.
I am installing in addition the 6-CD changer, TV Tuner and also the back mirror for this purchase as i find this are the most essential items that I am sure my family will be needing during our frequent travels.
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A great car indeed

I just realised that I had posted here with regards to my car. I bought it on November 2005 and it has already been 6 years with its mileage aproximately 196K now. Its been doing greatly well, perhaps that I keep my regular services done properly and its major service (which does cost a bomb around 3K5 in total) but at the rate I use my car and travels within Malaysia, my KIA does a great job indeed. Last year I gave it a fresh coat of paint, changed its front head lights and it looks as good as new.
I had during the 150K service changed the bushings, the car also has a new set of suspension and I had changed the front drive shaft second time around during the 180K service. Taking consideration of my high rate of driving and the front weight distribution, these exhaustibles are justified.

The only weak-link to the car is the leather seat which is really busted and needs changing now and the video player which went cranky and I unplugged the wires to them. I have budgeted to replace the leather seats this month and also to wire up a nice stereo player set with GPS, rear cam, larger LCD screen and new sets of speakers for good sound system. Besides that, the car is gonna stay with me for many years to come I guess. Its my new year's gift for my car I guess :)

I look forward to a newer generation of Kia Ria (Carnival) without having to see it compromise its quality and reliability. What I do wish is:
1. 150,000km warranty at least from KIA Motors (or similar to 100,000 miles as provided to the US market)
2. Motorized rear doors like Alphard
3. A good LCD player with GPS, USB hard drive support and rear camera support with park guide sensor (like in Alphard)
4. Nice built-in LED lights in front grill or lower spoiler to have it automatically switched on in daytime for greater visibility provided to opposite cars. (I normally drive with the pilot light switched on in daytime to ensure that my ar is visible at all time. I really helps! )
5. Better hand-brakes! With disc-drum assembly, this car does not have good rear drum grip with hand-brakes up. Prefer double disc for both rear and front sets.
6. Individual air-con flow rate controller so that when i want to shut the air flow of one vent, it can be done (see system similar in Mazda 6)
7. Higher torque or horse-power in the car with same 2500cc V6 engine. They need to work on the compression ratio to the exhaust system I guess ;-)

Last but not least, KIA needs to change its service center appearance. For example, KIA PJ's outlet looks like some warehouse service center! I saw the new KIA Motors building in front of PJ Jalan 222 and I hope it also turn out to be the new service center as well. They really need to buck up in the service center appearance.
I love my KIA ! Keep up the good work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts