Kia Forum banner

Navagation and/or UVO updates are now $25 USD free downloads coming later.

8K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Tripplec 
#1 ·
There already is a thread over on the 2016-2020 forum, thought I'd post it hear in case you do not follow that forum. Go to ' mapnsoft.com ' open an account, if you do not have one, or sign on . The update on an SD card for my '15 was $25.00 USD plus shipping, They say free downloads are coming in May. I do not have Canadian info as the site only supplies cost info for the VIN# entered on the order..

The thread on the 2016-2020 side, has more info in it. MapNSoft Kia Map upgrade

Reactions: rickster992
#28 ·
You can set speed alert with a speed of your choice or Merge or Curve alert (Road Guidance) for multiple locations. EG a local speed trap area, school zones on main roads, they will beep if you are exceeding XX MPH/KPH for that specific location. Or an upcoming curve or tricky merge requiring moving over 4 lanes to exit is ahead. We used to have a decreasing radius curve back home that got a lot tighter as you got into it. It was called Dead Man's Curve by the locals, lots of tire marks on the shoulder grass. After hitting it too fast one time, I did not need anything beeping to remind me about it thereafter.
Hey thanks for the Speaker going lower in reverse, thought my mind was going. I back out of a 300 ft driveway, every time I put it in reverse the darn volume went down, then came back up at bottom of driveway. Took a few times to tie to the reverse gear (I'm not that fast), but I never tied it to the update, though some setting got changed. Whats it's purpose, so you can hear parking alert ?? Really don't have a need for it..

#29 ·
I used the guidance to a destination yesterday. I must say its quite pathetic. Details are sparse and the County Rd I needed to turn on was referernced by a name not use or named at it. Never was the hwy # number used/shown on the display. The split screen showed me driving in nowhere (white area) while the right on a road but roads I passed still remain unnamed. This horrific quality for a GPS. My 5" Garmin blows this away in so many ways. If I can turn off the split screen it maybe better as I see no need for it. My Garmin doesn't need it and pops up a split for exit ramp assistance as need and back to full display which is perfect.

I don't know what they did in the software aspect but this is no better than a 25 year old GPS, if that even!!!

What a joke!! Insulting for the cost of the onboard system cost.

#30 ·
There already is a thread over on the 2016-2020 forum, thought I'd post it hear in case you do not follow that forum. Go to ' mapnsoft.com ' open an account, if you do not have one, or sign on . The update on an SD card for my '15 was $25.00 USD plus shipping, They say free downloads are coming in May. I do not have Canadian info as the site only supplies cost info for the VIN# entered on the order..

The thread on the 2016-2020 side, has more info in it. MapNSoft Kia Map upgrade
Nuts! I was just reading another post / comments from you, regarding the MAF/MAP sensors. I saw this as the title has MAP (in capitals)... I thought maybe you had some computer upgrades for the MAP that would give me some better economics on my engine. I've ordered a performance chip, but I just got the new engine swap from KIA, so I figure they would have programmed me up.

I don't have a NAV system... since I have a google maps app on my cell. Anyhow... drive on, y'all.

#31 ·
That is a NAV Map, not an engine ECU change. Those are done no charge when its in for service. They check and update if required.

#33 ·
I wish I could use it full screen. I don't see the value of the split mode all the time. My Garmin only splits in guidance mode when approaching the turnoff lanes to show them and back to full screen after. I see less on this Kia Nav than a 5" Garmin and streets missing or not named or off screen of which is of no help. I don't see and screen selection controls anymore to customize either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.