Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to use the NAV with voice commands on my 2013 Sorento EX for any address in Houston TX it prompts me for the city but doesn't prompt for the street name and voice commands stop working. The dealer confirmed the problem and said they had to change the radio. They installed a remanufactured radio. The second radio had the same issue and the backup camara was mis-matched. They put the original radio back in and said they would report the issue to Kia. We duplicated the problem in another new Sorento on the lot and in the service managers personal vehicle.

I can type the address in on the touchscreen with no problems. I can use voice commands to find an address in other cities, just not Houston. I think it may be due to the large size of the city. It may just be an error in the software code.

Is anyone else unable to use the command Find Address via voice commands in their city?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Cadenza SXL Smokey Blue/white
359 Posts
Solution: Move from Houston. Just a joke, it must be frustrating to have a new vehicle not working properly. Good news is that the dealer replicated the issue in multiple vehicles. Before turning in the vehicle to repair again, take note of the software version of the Nav unit and make sure the new one is as current or higher when you get it resolved if they have to change out your system!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts