Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sportage LX 2.0L, 1982 Ford F100 3.8L v6 Service Truck
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Sportage 2.0l 127xxx miles. The sound I’m hearing happens when the motor is revving down from about 2500-idle. And happens intermittently while idling. Was told it could be a bad timing belt tensioner or idler pulley. So I replaced the belt, tensioner, and idler pulley. Still am hearing the sound. I tightened up the tensioner a little thinking the belt itself was slapping. It’s not. Upon further inspection the noise isn’t coming from the timing area, but the intake manifold area, or even under it. I’m lost. Threw codes p0011 and p0016 before I changed the belt. If someone could tell me how to post a video, I have one of the noise.

·
Registered
2006 Sportage EX
7 Posts
I recently had a faulty hydraulic tensioner. Tapping and clicking at idle, went away at power, intermittent at idle.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sportage LX 2.0L, 1982 Ford F100 3.8L v6 Service Truck
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t believe mine has the hydraulic tensioner, I believe that was 98 or 99-06. Mine is an 07
I recently had a faulty hydraulic tensioner. Tapping and clicking at idle, went away at power, intermittent at idle.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,'11 Dodge Journey AWD,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,515 Posts
Sorry, but I'm not on here much lately. The 2.0 is a very good motor when properly maintained. What are the miles on the car and what id actually (currently) happening? You posted of some codes, but not if still happening. There is a chain that links the intake and exhaust camshaft under the valve cover. It's possible that has stretched and slapping and can throw the codes you posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts