Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with 2013 Kia Sorento.
There is a noise under the car that sounds like metal bars knocking as if something is loose mostly when driving over bumps potholes etc. My mechanic who is very experienced can't locate any problem. Even hoisting the car up there is no visual evidence of anything loose. The car runs great but this metallic knocking noise is disconcerting to drive with.HELP!

·
Super Moderator
9,486 Posts
I'm having a problem with 2013 Kia Sorento.
There is a noise under the car that sounds like metal bars knocking as if something is loose mostly when driving over bumps potholes etc. My mechanic who is very experienced can't locate any problem. Even hoisting the car up there is no visual evidence of anything loose. The car runs great but this metallic knocking noise is disconcerting to drive with.HELP!
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Registered
137 Posts
sounds like the sway bar end links. looking at them visually will normally not show anything, but when you take them off you will see that the bushings are worn and when hitting bumps it will sound like a metalic clank. replace all four and you'll be good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Check the bolts that attach the front struts to the axel? I had something similar but it turned out to be a loose camber bolt. It was tightened then no issues after. Mine came loose 5000 miles of driving after getting the camber kits installed to fix alignment issues. It was rubbing sounding noise, creaking at right turns and parking. I also felt it on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had what sounds like the same noise. Sounded like a large metal clunk when driving over bumps, like a train crossing. I had the front control arm that holds the ball joint replaced and it fixed the problem. The next year I heard the same noise, and had the other side control arm replaced, and noise was fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts