Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:blink:
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Hi! I bought a Kia Sorento 6 months ago and i love it &and i have read my manual as much as i can
but i need to know what a particular button is
below my radio there is the emergency lights button
to the left of the emergency light button is the defrost for the back window and side view mirrors but on the right side there is another button- it looks like a windshield and a water level on it but i dont know what it is for - i have looked in my manuel but there is nothing there - i asked the guy at the dealership and he told me to read the book - duh?
can someone please help![/
FONT]
</span>

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Penlander is right. The button is the defroster for the windsheild wipers. It works great too. I use it all of the time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maybe Murphwiz can answer this question.
I have a 2004 54 plate XS Sorento but the front windsheild defroster button does'nt appear to do anything. Is this feature enabled on the XS? if is why is there no indication on either the button or the dash to indicate it is switched on? Don't you just hate buttons and switches fitted to cars that are for features you don't have.

Simeon

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I would think that there would be an indicator light that would turn on. The windshield defroster button on my Sorento has an indicator light that comes on. The light is located right on the button. Does your windsheild have the defroster heating elements down by the wipers?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yes should work and light up, get your dealer to check, as that panel is removed on the PDI to install audio, it may have been left disconnected.

·
Registered
14 Posts
:) well I was waiting for someone to ask this question! I had the same problem-had NO clue as to what this button was UNTIL I noticed that when my side rear view mirrors (outside) fogged up I pressed that mysterious button and WALLA-the mirrors weren't foggy anymore-amazing-and-when I push the button I can definately here something turning on but again-no indicator light goes on for me either-so maybe its the mirror defogger?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think Laurily and i are talking about different buttons, the side mirrors are defrosted when you switch on the rear defrosting system which is to the left of the hazzards switch, we are talking about the front system which is on the right. Thanks for your reply Murphwiz I will go and see my dealer ASAP.

Simeon

·
Registered
14 Posts
No No I know what I'm talking about-its the button to the RIGHT of the Hazard triangle with the wiper in it and a squiggly line on the inside of a winshield-I have to correct myself though the light DOES come on when I press it-I know what the rear defroster button is...... :p

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Originally posted by laurily@Feb 26 2005, 05:11 PM
No No I know what I'm talking about-its the button to the RIGHT of the Hazard triangle with the wiper in it and a squiggly line on the inside of a winshield-I have to correct myself though the light DOES come on when I press it-I know what the rear defroster button is...... :p
good to hear the light on the button does work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm lost? Are the wipers heated? or is it the windshield? I thought the dial on the climate control was the front defroster? and that the rear defrost controlled the wires in the windshield at the back? and what about the side mirror defrost - how does that work?

I too, checked my manual and the best I got from that was that the button was for front defrost? but how? blowing air? or what?

help? :(

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
There is a 'wiper deicer' switching that on, heats up a couple of elements in the screen on the area the wipers are parked.

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
537 Posts
yep....i only found out it was the switch for the windshield heating elements that deices the windshield wipers after winter was over, another "duh" for beyond_help
:haha:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.