Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Considering MY2022 Kia Sportage GT Diesel
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at purchasing the MY2022 Kia Sportage GT diesel here in Australia.
Received this info from the dealer highlighting (green) the difference with the current generation. Thought there may be some interest here. Would be interested to hear if anyone on this forum is considering the MY22 Sportage?
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

·
Registered
2019 KIA Sportage EX - AWD - 2.4 L
3 Posts
Interesting. The list mentions "inbuilt navigation" . Any thoughts on what that system is,?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. The list mentions "inbuilt navigation" . Any thoughts on what that system is,?
This would be just Kia‘s proprietary navigation system.

·
Registered
2019 KIA Sportage EX - AWD - 2.4 L
3 Posts
For my 2019 navigation it requires a cell phone to operate. The inbuilt navigation is nothing more than a dash MONITOR for the phone { if you have one }. The advertisement would be more accurate saying - Navigation Capable . I think there was also a much more expensive system available that did not require the phone. Thus making it worthy of the name "system". I'm just trying to pin down there definition of what this navigation truly is or is not. It will make a difference whether I trade in 2022

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For my 2019 navigation it requires a cell phone to operate. The inbuilt navigation is nothing more than a dash MONITOR for the phone { if you have one }. The advertisement would be more accurate saying - Navigation Capable . I think there was also a much more expensive system available that did not require the phone. Thus making it worthy of the name "system". I'm just trying to pin down there definition of what this navigation truly is or is not. It will make a difference whether I trade in 2022
Could be region specific but in Australia the navigation maps will be preloaded and the unit basically picks up the gps satellite and works from there.
This typically wont get you traffic updates for routing hence why most people will use android auto or Apple car play for navigation.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
204 Posts
Yea, as stated its much cheaper to use ur phone connected than integrating one into the system. Thats why manufacturers decided to go this route. Its too bad really. Ive never used android auto in my ride. Would be nice to have the nav on the screen but cant be bothered using a cable. U can buy wireless modules, but i think u still need wires. Also seems to be a lot of issues with android auto.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
459 Posts
My 2020 SX has the built-in Nav which works well for what it is, but Android Auto works so much better with more features (stalled vehicle ahead warnings - with route around instructions, speed trap ahead warnings, ect.), and I have found in the 5 years I've been using it, that is pretty reliable.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sportage SX AWD
105 Posts
Am I to understand AUS did not get the Gen5 Sportage for 2022 MY either?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Am I to understand AUS did not get the Gen5 Sportage for 2022 MY either?
NQ5 (gen5) is coming to Australia in late October / early November. With limited low spec petrol models and a longer wait in the the GT spec diesel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts