Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia optima
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s been almost 2 weeks now and I haven’t been able to get into my trunk looks like I may have accidentally shut it to the point where something may be jammed into the middle of it and now I can’t get the damn thing open I am running out of patience and about to use a crowbar someone please respond with a solution before I do so I’d hate to have to mess the car up just to get inside of it

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,889 Posts
I suggest calling a locksmith like Pop a Lock - their fee will be lower than the body shop repairs.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Do your rear seats fold down? You could crawl in and pull the safety handle release.

·
Registered
2014 Kia optima
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank god I got it popped before using crow bar literally I jumped my skinny lil but up and down on it somehow loosing whatever it was jammed with and it popped right open thanks! :eek::love:

·
Registered
2014 Kia Cadenza premium FWD
10 Posts
It’s been almost 2 weeks now and I haven’t been able to get into my trunk looks like I may have accidentally shut it to the point where something may be jammed into the middle of it and now I can’t get the damn thing open I am running out of patience and about to use a crowbar someone please respond with a solution before I do so I’d hate to have to mess the car up just to get inside of it
Happened on my 2014 Cadenza, locked my purse in there 2, tried to fish through ski opening to backseat. If you have a smart key the spare mechanical will do the trick key hole in bottom. we took to dealer?? did not know. We forgot the valet switch in the glove box was inadvertently set on off. We switched to "ON" works like magic. Unless you have another issue. or designed differently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please call local dealership for Kia...it is covered under warranty. I just had my replaced. Mine is a 2017 however and under the mileage.

Please call local dealership for Kia...it is covered under warranty. I just had my replaced. Mine is a 2017 however and under the mileage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts