Kia Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I agree about the rear trunk... they could have done that better. At least they could have had it pop open... not just unlock. Small issue, but could easily be fixed.
I agree. Its funny when I was buying the truck even the salesman was surprised it wasn't an automatic lift gate he had thought it was. I had one on my old Town and Country van and really liked that feature.

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 Diesel 6spd, 1998 VW New Beetle Turbo Diesel 5spd
47 Posts
We have a 2010 EX V6 Burnt Orange, love the Borrego. We actually found it by accident. On one of our many tire kicking outing we stopped in at the Kia dealer in Halifax, my wife and I took one look at the Borrego and said in unison,''Whats that''. Until that point we had never heard of the Borrego. We were actually looking at the Hyundai Veracruz, only for the 7 passenger seating. As soon as we drove the Borrego, the Veracruz was no longer on our list. My wife drives it more than I do, after driving it on snow covered highways she comented, what did we ever do before we had an all wheel drive. So far we average between 18 and 20mpg which is not too bad for a vehicle with less than 6000kms. The only quirk so far is that the lift gate button on both key fobs seems to be there for looks only. Doesn't matter how many times you press the button, nothing unlocks. Will be on the list for the first service though. Hopefully as time goes by other aftermarket items will become available. We're very happy with the purchase and while others may argue it is probably the most bang for your hard earned buck out there considering all the options that come standard. It will be interesting to see how well it holds its resale value in 5 years.

·
Registered
Kia Mohave EX 3.8, Kia Sorento 3.5 V6 2006 and and a Citroen C3 1.4
134 Posts
I love mine. It is mind boggling how well the car is made. I recently went into a Lincoln Navigator, and Oh my lord, the plastics were cheaper than a pair of fake Hollywood tits. In the Toyota Land Cruiser the buttons were rattling and it felt weirdly bolted together. And then i sat back in my Mohave, and i just appreciated how well this car is made. The plastics are better quality. Fit and Finish is better and Arrangement is not so bulky and into your face like in the Navigator. I tend to think other things are better than what i have, but i have to admit that, now i am sure that the Mohave was the right choice. and Oh good god... Those LED's in the back.... I love them. And the V6 is great. I didn't want a V8... It is pretty useless for me. V6 has more than enough oomph.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Things I love but what I didn't know

We all know that the Borrego engine is the same as the Genesis... But most of us probably don't know that the transmission is the same one that is put in the BMW X5.

If Kia/Hyundai were really smart (and flexible), they would have called this the Genesis SUV. It's THAT good.

After 3 months of ownership, I still love it! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Kia Mohave EX 3.8, Kia Sorento 3.5 V6 2006 and and a Citroen C3 1.4
134 Posts
We all know that the Borrego engine is the same as the Genesis... But most of us probably don't know that the transmission is the same one that is put in the BMW X5.

If Kia/Hyundai were really smart (and flexible), they would have called this the Genesis SUV. It's THAT good.

After 3 months of ownership, I still love it! :rolleyes:
Yea i also read that the transmission is from the X5, which is great. And you are so right. If the truck was called Genesis, It was gonna Kick ass. Sounds mean for an SUV. I love my car as well. Mine is called Mohave....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We have a 2010 EX V6 Burnt Orange, love the Borrego. We actually found it by accident. On one of our many tire kicking outing we stopped in at the Kia dealer in Halifax, my wife and I took one look at the Borrego and said in unison,''Whats that''. Until that point we had never heard of the Borrego. We were actually looking at the Hyundai Veracruz, only for the 7 passenger seating. As soon as we drove the Borrego, the Veracruz was no longer on our list. My wife drives it more than I do, after driving it on snow covered highways she comented, what did we ever do before we had an all wheel drive. So far we average between 18 and 20mpg which is not too bad for a vehicle with less than 6000kms. The only quirk so far is that the lift gate button on both key fobs seems to be there for looks only. Doesn't matter how many times you press the button, nothing unlocks. Will be on the list for the first service though. Hopefully as time goes by other aftermarket items will become available. We're very happy with the purchase and while others may argue it is probably the most bang for your hard earned buck out there considering all the options that come standard. It will be interesting to see how well it holds its resale value in 5 years.
I hear KIA is having trouble with the electric rear hatch lock on some Borrego's and even has a dealer service bulletin out. If yours isn't unlocking have it replaced.

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I am at 5500 miles now and the Borrego (EX V6 AWD) with no major problems. One minor problem is that the warning buzzer for the rear sensor isn't loud enough and/or is too high of a tone for me to hear easily. The suspension has settled down nicely as I have put on the miles. I have taken a few long trips and the gas mileage is hovering at ~ 19.8 on the hwy and ~16-17 around town (atlanta burbs). So far, so good.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage
96 Posts
Look in the paper its full of runaway Toyota's. People can't give away the death traps. I heard Toyota is going to reprogram the computers on all their cars to stop the runaway condition, Toyota even knew about this and still released their vehicles. Money first and Safety last?

·
Premium Member
2009 Borrego
320 Posts
Look in the paper its full of runaway Toyota's. People can't give away the death traps. I heard Toyota is going to reprogram the computers on all their cars to stop the runaway condition, Toyota even knew about this and still released their vehicles. Money first and Safety last?
Toyota has definitely got their handsfull with quality issues...

Toyota found to keep tight lid on potential safety problems

"This is clearly information that Toyota does not want the public to see," Tracy said. "For years, they were the gold standard, but right now they have more problems than they know what to do with."

21 - 29 of 29 Posts