Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Telluride S FWD Dark Moss
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an S trim from Atlanta Kia West a couple of months ago. After a week or so walking up to it in my parking garage, I swore that the car was leaning slightly to the left. So I measured and sure enough the left side of the car is an inch lower than the right side. I call the dealership. They thought I might be mistaken and had me bring it in. When they measured, they were surprised that it was in fact leaning to the left albeit a little less than what I had measured.

And that is where the trouble began. The service mgr sends the info off to KIA and are supposedly waiting for a response. The customer service people are treating me like a pariah because God forbid someone else finds out that their cash cow isn't perfect. Weeks later I've been on the phone with KIA support who haven't been able to do anything because the dealership is privately owned and the dealership has gone radio silent.

Just because the car is driveable doesn't mean that the coming wear and tear plus imbalance (which is getting worse btw) is somehow acceptable in a vehicle that I already paid over sticker.

So my question: has anyone else had this problem? If not, any suggestions on how to get KIA to deal with this? I'm going to post this in all Telluride forums because now they've turned a huge Telluride fanboy into a pissed off customer who's starting to really regret buying from KIA.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,355 Posts
I bought an S trim from Atlanta Kia West a couple of months ago. After a week or so walking up to it in my parking garage, I swore that the car was leaning slightly to the left. So I measured and sure enough the left side of the car is an inch lower than the right side. I call the dealership. They thought I might be mistaken and had me bring it in. When they measured, they were surprised that it was in fact leaning to the left albeit a little less than what I had measured.

And that is where the trouble began. The service mgr sends the info off to KIA and are supposedly waiting for a response. The customer service people are treating me like a pariah because God forbid someone else finds out that their cash cow isn't perfect. Weeks later I've been on the phone with KIA support who haven't been able to do anything because the dealership is privately owned and the dealership has gone radio silent.

Just because the car is driveable doesn't mean that the coming wear and tear plus imbalance (which is getting worse btw) is somehow acceptable in a vehicle that I already paid over sticker.

So my question: has anyone else had this problem? If not, any suggestions on how to get KIA to deal with this? I'm going to post this in all Telluride forums because now they've turned a huge Telluride fanboy into a pissed off customer who's starting to really regret buying from KIA.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

Kia Forum

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,130 Posts
Is vehicle empty of cargo? Tire psi the same all around? By chance does the ride height change when your near empty of fuel? Just trying to eliminate some easy to check possibilities..... And, verify that the aspect ratio of all 4 tires is the same.

·
Registered
2020 Telluride S FWD Dark Moss
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. Yup, we eliminated the "low hanging fruit". The feedback from the dealership is that it's probably a bad spring, which would not be a big deal. So then why is it over a month of zero communication, right? I'd love others to measure theirs and see if anyone else's has the problem.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,'11 Dodge Journey AWD,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,512 Posts
Not to "minimize" your concern. But in the midst of this pandemic and being a new model...replacement parts are probably in short supply to authorize warranty repair just yet. A few years ago many Japanese brands had a similar spring problem and replacements were not available even at makers level. This last incident I refer to went on for almost a year...and there was no "pandemic" then.
I do hope all does get taken care of for your ride, but as everyone in "authority" is saying lately....please be patient. Of course some friendly reminders to proper reporting chain of command won't hurt either.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts