Kia Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sportage EX AWD Burnished Copper
42 Posts
These came in the mail today. Haven't put them on yet but looks good. Waiting on one more item, which will probably be here this week I'm hoping. Still have a few more small projects to do before I get some more stuff.
Look up OEM Skidplate/silver for Kia Sportage on EBay. Comes from Korea but I think thats what you’re looking for unless you already found one.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
No have not and will check it out. Thanks
I checked out eBay, not the skid plate I'm looking for. But thanks anyway. Might have to end up getting that one if i can't find the other style.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Does anyone know what 3M double sided tape they use for the rain deflectors etc?

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Today I finished my taillights. Never again will I use tint. Its a lot more complicated and time consuming than it looks. It's way easier to use night shade and with the job I did, looks better. Only downsides to night shade is u need to sand the taillights, hard to get the shade u want and wears off over time. I did my Cavalier's taillights and it turned out great with a lot less effort. Anyways I also got my hatch handel cover back on. Used krazy glue. Seems to be holding up. Just be careful with it as it will eat the silver paint. I have an extra one that was sent by mistake so I'm going to redue it. I was in a hurry and didn't turn out so well. Here are some more pics of my tails completed. Glad I choose to keep the reflector uncovered. Looks great! Thats my lil girl helping me out.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I like those K5 chrome additions and may order them. Your little helper is very cute. I just removed my “in channel“ wind deflectors since they really restricted the speed of my window motors, especially the passenger side. Was afraid it may burn out. Used the clips as directed but just never went up quickly the last 2 inches. Decided to go with WellVisors look since they have the chrome strip on them. Pleased so far. I do notice a little wind noise but the windows go up and down like they did before. Very quickly!
Car Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Window Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Window Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
474 Posts
I like those K5 chrome additions and may order them. Your little helper is very cute. I just removed my “in channel“ wind deflectors since they really restricted the speed of my window motors, especially the passenger side. Was afraid it may burn out. Used the clips as directed but just never went up quickly the last 2 inches. Decided to go with WellVisors look since they have the chrome strip on them. Pleased so far. I do notice a little wind noise but the windows go up and down like they did before. Very quickly! View attachment 120071 View attachment 120072 View attachment 120072 View attachment 120073
I like the look of those, mind if I ask where you got them and how much?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I like the look of those, mind if I ask where you got them and how much?
I bought these off of Amazon for $66.00. They are from WellVisors. Type in WellVisors 2020 Kia Sportage wind deflectors. They also have a website but Amazon’s a little cheaper. They’re held on with 3M tape and have small hooks on each piece that go in the rubber strip above existing chrome To help secure them. Very nice item.
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I like those K5 chrome additions and may order them. Your little helper is very cute. I just removed my “in channel“ wind deflectors since they really restricted the speed of my window motors, especially the passenger side. Was afraid it may burn out. Used the clips as directed but just never went up quickly the last 2 inches. Decided to go with WellVisors look since they have the chrome strip on them. Pleased so far. I do notice a little wind noise but the windows go up and down like they did before. Very quickly! View attachment 120071 View attachment 120072 View attachment 120072 View attachment 120073
Thanks and yea i never liked those in channel rain guards. The ones i have im gonna end up putting a chrome strip along the top. They jus need to be trimmed a bit on the backside. I tried keeping them a little lower to show the chrome but im jus not happy with the way it looks.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
One more step done and one more to go before I paint my switch panel. Still waiting on my last order.. hopefully it'll be in soon! More pics to come. Still also have another small mod coming shortly.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Finally got around to finishing my switch panel. Ended up taking a lot longer than expected but turned out good. Jus gotta install my switches and wire everything up. I'll post pics once I get it finished but for now here is the finished panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Well I finally received my last order. Only took a month and a half. Anyways here is a pic (gauge cluster cover) and also a preview of my test fitted switch panel. Coming together one piece at a time. Figured out my wiring. Not quite the route I wanted to go but will have to be. Next step will be to mount my heated seats panel and get my switches hooked up and run my power wires to my added fuse box.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Im still here haha. Ended up getting sick after my 2nd covid vaccine. Thought I had covid but the test came bk negative. Anyways havnt got much done. I removed the 2 front wind/rain deflectors and moved them up so no chrome is showing. Gonna purchase some chrome trim to go around the top. Big diff in noise. A lot quieter now. Still have the back ones to do. I'm going to need to trim a little off the back side to fit flush with the top. Must be a design flaw. Other than that, not much to report. Hopefully get my switches hooked up soon. Its been extremely hot here so not getting to much done too quickly lol. Anyways I'll update soon.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Switch panel done. Everything is wired up. Heated seats panel done. Not the way I would have gone but I designed it this way in case I wanna revert back to stock. I installed a led controller as well to get some effects. I dont plan on using all the switches at the moment. I've wired them so the led ring on the buttons come on when activated. I'll provide more pics when I get the install finished. I also have a few more leds to mount before It's completed. Everything should be done in the next couple of weeks. I also got my rear rain deflectors moved up as well.

Attachments

81 - 96 of 96 Posts