Kia Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Premium Member
2017 Sportage SX AWD / Mineral silver with beige interior
Here is some interior styling to carry out my 'theme' with red accents. All fit well except the one under the console. Had to do minor trimming. The old matts were a bit of a pain to remove. All doors have the matts. Even had 2 extra 'cup' holder matts im guessing is for a diff model which I used in my daughter's car seat馃檪 also u can see my amplifier control switch mounted close by and out of the way
I like those inserts for the cup holders, etc. Where did you purchase them?

Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
Discussion Starter #23
Some more interior styling; pedal covers. The gas pedal went on like nothing, the brake pedal took a little effort with a flat screwdriver.

Attachments

Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
Discussion Starter #24
Here is one of the mods i missed previously from my other post. Got the tint strip along the top of the windshield. These deff come in handy on sunny days. All vehicles should come with them! Also, a pic of my rims with the painted caliper brackets.

Attachments

Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
Discussion Starter #25
One thing I hate most with the base Sportage is the lighting. Not that it isnt bright enough, minus the useless drls, but it jus looks outdated. Earlier i mentioned swapping the interior lights with leds, I also did the headlights with leds from cougar motors. These are 10000lm/set and 6000k. In the pic they look yellow but indeed they are pure white. I get flashed all the time, may have to aim them down a bit. I also had to modify the housing dust cap. The bulbs were plug and play with no errors however, the dust cap sat a little too close to them. I could have removed the what i assume is heat packing from the cap, but I was concerned bout heat. I used one of those circle cutting things on a drill press and file the edges. I then took a rubber dust cap from a pair of old struts and pressed them into the hole. Works like a charm.

Attachments

Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
Discussion Starter #27
Next up, I debadged the 'Sportage' and installed some k badges. I used a hairdryer and fishing line. The rear was easier to do than the front. The front has screws holding it in place. Getting to the screws were a pain in the *ss. I also had to dremel a plastic lip off the front so the new badge would sit flush. I then used 'goo gone' to clean up the adhesive. Altho my finger nail did a better job. The goo gone removed a slight layer of clear coat and didn't really help much. The steering wheel badge I removed with a screw driver. Simple enough. Rvoll, was ur front badge smaller than stock as well? Either way it looks decent. The last pic is the steering wheel badge removed.

Attachments

Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
Next up, I debadged the 'Sportage' and installed some k badges. I used a hairdryer and fishing line. The rear was easier to do than the front. The front has screws holding it in place. Getting to the screws were a pain in the *ss. I also had to dremel a plastic lip off the front so the new badge would sit flush. I then used 'goo gone' to clean up the adhesive. Altho my finger nail did a better job. The goo gone removed a slight layer of clear coat and didn't really help much. The steering wheel badge I removed with a screw driver. Simple enough. Rvoll, was ur front badge smaller than stock as well? Either way it looks decent. The last pic is the steering wheel badge removed.
My front badge was the right size. My steering wheel badge was an overlay and I didn't have to remove the original badge. I don't use a lot of GooGone and I don't think it actually remove any of the clear coat. I did add a small stainless steel trim ring (eBay) on the steering wheel that made it look finished. The factory should have added it....

Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
Discussion Starter #29
Some more upgraded lighting. The license plate lights are from yorkim and the reverse lights are from auxito. Again, in the pic they look yellow, but they are pure white leds as well. No errors with no resistors. They look great at night. I'll try to get some better pics later on.

Attachments

Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
Discussion Starter #32
New update. After 19 months of ownership it just rolled over to 10k. Time for an oil change. Went with synthetic oil from Royal Purple and a Fram oil filter for synthetic oil. Wondering why they put the access holes for the filter in the underbody cover when they put the filter in so tight I had to remove the cover to get the filter off. Anyways it was a nice Easter day outside so I got around to installing my new exhaust tip. For this, I had to get a custom fab reducer since the Autoparts stores around here didn't carry the one I needed. I then had to cut off the angle tip of the stock pipe to fit the reducer over it properly. Jus used clamps to mount the tip. I dont like the position of the stock exhaust tip. When mounting my new tip it doest fit symmetrical with the 'splitters' on the stock bumper. I'm just picky like that. Overall it does look better than stock with the 'hidden' tip.

Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
Discussion Starter #34
Here is a lil something to catch the attention of others. 2nd one I've purchased and always fun to show off. I removed one plastic cover in the engine bay and its a perfect spot. The audio clip is on the mfg website. Its a novelty horn from Wolo. I mounted the activation button in a empty slot next to the steering wheel. As shown there is a circuit board that runs behind all of it. Not sure why but it was a bit of a pain to fit the button with the wiring but made it work. Had plans for the other slots but my switches wont fit. Also i had installed a fuse block for any extras.

Attachments

Registered
2018 Sportage EX
Here is a lil something to catch the attention of others. 2nd one I've purchased and always fun to show off. I removed one plastic cover in the engine bay and its a perfect spot. The audio clip is on the mfg website. Its a novelty horn from Wolo. I mounted the activation button in a empty slot next to the steering wheel. As shown there is a circuit board that runs behind all of it. Not sure why but it was a bit of a pain to fit the button with the wiring but made it work. Had plans for the other slots but my switches wont fit. Also i had installed a fuse block for any extras.
How hard is it to remove those blank switches? I've been thinking of getting a light bar and that spot would be perfect for the switch.

Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
Discussion Starter #36
How hard is it to remove those blank switches? I've been thinking of getting a light bar and that spot would be perfect for the switch.
Just pop it off with a flat screw driver. There is very little room for any kind of switch. Id consider using the blank spaces where the heated seat buttons are

Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
Discussion Starter #37
Today I tried to install my intake. I jus bought a cheap universal one. I couldn't get the pipe to fit properly and it didn't have the spots for the stuff connected to the air box, so I ended up just removing the stock air box and connecting my filter to the stock system. I know these don't really make much diff but it cleans up the engine bay and looks nicer. Also sounds better. It may have helped with the downshifts I mentioned earlier. Too early to tell if it helps fuel economy any. Either way its mostly for show. I also drilled a drain hole for my exhaust tip. It slightly points upward and didnt want water pooling in it.

Attachments

21 - 39 of 39 Posts