Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of u know I've been around here for a little while now. Decided to make a page with info and stuff I've done so far to my Sportage. I purchased my Sportage last year brand new so it's a 2020 LX model. Hope this will inspire others. I'll update this thread everytime I've done something new to my Sportage. Lets start off with a stock photo. (Not mine) but same as mine! Stay tuned!

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just throwing this out there, i was torn between a black and a white Sportage. Decided on the black so i had to wait for it to be shipped in on a train. For my first mod i had the dealer throw in tint for the front side windows as part of the deal.

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
385 Posts
Ours is the dark metallic blue. Already had a black Sorento previously that didn't work well out here on the dusty prairies.

Absolutely love our vehicle too.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next up on my project i added some smoked license plate covers which i purchased for my previous vehicle. I also had some leftover tint lying around so i decided to tint my lower lenses.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My most expensive purchase to date are my wheels. It was also a bitter sweet time for me. I decided it was time to sell my modded 04 cavalier as we just had a baby. I used the cash from my car to buy my wheels for my Sportage. These are Niche Targa 20's x 8.5" +35 offset running general max g force tires. 245 40's. I had a heck of a time finding these rims and after some calls i finally got a set. I wanted to add a few pics of my car as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Sportage EX
61 Posts
I know this thread is about the Sportage but I keep looking at the pictures of the cavalier

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,709 Posts
I know this thread is about the Sportage but I keep looking at the pictures of the cavalier
I guess there's no harm done if you derail your own thread.

Reactions: SSportage

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After the rim install i didnt like how plain the brakes looked. I had some left over red paint from my cavi and at this point i figured since our gauges has red, might as well use it to add a lil color. Here is the front and rear caliper brackets. I know ppl usually paint the calipers, but i decided to go a diff route. Ill get pics with my rims on after i swap over the winters.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Did you use caliper paint or at least a high heat paint?

·
Registered
MY17 Sportage SX AWD
30 Posts
I mean everyone has their priorities but you sold a whole car to put new wheels on your new car, damn.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I mean everyone has their priorities but you sold a whole car to put new wheels on your new car, damn.
It wasn't just that. I jus had a baby so i wanted something a little more safer. Anyways with the purchase of a new vehicle i couldn't afford to keep both. Had my fun with it. Wanted someone else to enjoy it. When i sold it i decided to at least use that money to put into my new ride, so bought the rims.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Next, i installed a set of rain guards. I thought it looks kinda tacky to cover all the chrome around the top of the windows so i left a lil lip of chrome. Not a fan of the in channel ones. I found these ones that says 'Sportage'. I like them other than them being noisy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This next project took a few months to complete. Would not have took so long but with covid everything was shut down. In the meantime I had done a few other mods but I'll start with this one. I've always been into 'systems' every since I was young. My older cousins inspired me. One which competed. Anyways with my age, this will be my last one. I wanted to go all out. I've still got a few things I need to purchase, like the upgrading of the door speakers and sound dampening. So far I've got 3-12" Alpine type R subwoofers powered by a 3k amp. A capacitor and a fully custom built box. I designed it in a way that I am still able to use the storage underneath. It was a tight fit but I made it work. Now starting to tie everything together with red accents. Also as shown in the pic i upgraded all the interior lights to leds. Domes, cargo light as well as the glove box. All are yorkim leds.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Around this time ive hit 1000kms. So far im fairly happy with the Sportage. My only real complaints is i dont like how the gearing is set up. Downshifts on the slightest incline. Could use a bit more power. Wished it had came with all led lighting all around. Its kind of a pig on fuel. But overall for the price and driveability, safety and style its a nice little suv. I'm jumping around a bit on my mods due to lack of pictures. Its pretty dirty right now after the winter so once i get it cleaned up ill get some pics of stuff I've missed. For now, i decided to add some reflectors. I was considering actual side markers but did not want to cut into the body so i used reflective tape instead. Looks decent and a fraction the price.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is some interior styling to carry out my 'theme' with red accents. All fit well except the one under the console. Had to do minor trimming. The old matts were a bit of a pain to remove. All doors have the matts. Even had 2 extra 'cup' holder matts im guessing is for a diff model which I used in my daughter's car seat🙂 also u can see my amplifier control switch mounted close by and out of the way

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts