Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now it's my turn I guess... Only had the bloody car for a month and now the main brake cylinder is broke. That's what they think anyways.

When I put my foot on the brake pedal it slowly sinks, but when pressing it fairly hard and fast it reacts, hence why they think its a brake cylinder.

I went to the dealer yesterday and waited for an hour before they could say what was wrong. And they didnt have a spare cylinder of course. So now I'm driving around in my new Picanto which can't even brake properly. YAAY :(

I'm expecting a call anytime soon from the dealer with news about a new brake cylinder.

Expect a mention of a car chrashing through a car dealer in the news if they want me to pay for this ;)

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
Originally posted by kthunoe@Jan 20 2005, 04:50 AM
Now it's my turn I guess... Only had the bloody car for a month and now the main brake cylinder is broke. That's what they think anyways.

When I put my foot on the brake pedal it slowly sinks, but when pressing it fairly hard and fast it reacts, hence why they think its a brake cylinder.

I went to the dealer yesterday and waited for an hour before they could say what was wrong. And they didnt have a spare cylinder of course. So now I'm driving around in my new Picanto which can't even brake properly. YAAY :(

I'm expecting a call anytime soon from the dealer with news about a new brake cylinder.

Expect a mention of a car chrashing through a car dealer in the news if they want me to pay for this ;)
I hope they fix it for you soon!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Well there should be no question about payment, warranty pure and simple.
If they don;t have part in stock, and bearing in mind it's a brake fault, I'd ask for a replacement car til yours is fixed, you should not drive around knowing your brakes are not 100%!
And your dealer shouldn't have let you go!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far no word from the dealer... But the wierdest thing is that is working fine again!?!?!?!

I'm calling them tomorrow...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got it fixed. Warranty issue as expected, And so far its good. The brake pedal is firm and stable again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi kthunoe ... so they fixed it up .... they replaced the main brake cylinder as ur 1st statement ? or just doing some setting on your brake ?
Let us now, will you ? So far my picanto doesn't has the brake problem, it run ok :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They changed the cylinder. And seeing that Kia offers a 3 year warranty here they were happy doing it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
1st post Jan 20th to last post Feb 8th ... almost 3 weeks, i dunno if that's fast enough or not for the spare part availability.
But glad to know they accept your warranty claim and exchange the new spare part. Hope your brake is working well from now on :).
3 years warranty in europe, here .. we only given 2 years warranty/50000km.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts