Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my Rio with everyone. Slowly getting her to where I want. I got some K3 emblems on the way. Just ordered some LED blubs to replace the positioning lights. Currently have HID conversion installed, I just plastidip the chrome trim around the grill, and I got some 17" BBS reps. I also removed the rear Rio emblem. Settle mods, but I'm having fun doing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio EX 6M 5-door
80 Posts
looks cool but another person with annoying HIDs in a reflector housing. Get rid of those and i will appreciate what you are doing to the car

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks nice. How about more pics.
Thanks people! Definitely a work in progress. What you don't see in the photos are the tinted window, Rio emblem removed, and Ez lip on the front bumper. I'll be plasti dipping my wheels black tomorrow. I'll post tomorrow. Wish me luck!:p

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks cool but another person with annoying HIDs in a reflector housing. Get rid of those and i will appreciate what you are doing to the car
Easy man... These are affordable mods I'm doing. Most I've sent on this her were for the wheels and tires. Not gonna drop another G on replacing the tail and headlight housing. Appreciate the creativity. Thanks

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
Easy man... These are affordable mods I'm doing. Most I've sent on this her were for the wheels and tires. Not gonna drop another G on replacing the tail and headlight housing. Appreciate the creativity. Thanks
If this is your first car playing around with it then you wont know about HID lighting on normal headlights. It is something you end up learning and you will find out from your own experience how annoying it is.

It blinds people.

A way to reduce it is to put nightshade on the headlights. You still have the colour and visibility (as long as you only 1-2 coats of it) but it reduces the additonal glare and intensity of the light from being in a reflector housing. That too is another cheap thing to do and can also wash off with appropriate cleaners without damaging your headlights.

Its about $8-$20 depending on country. All you do is wipe your headlights and spray 1-2 coats over the headlight cover. If you sand it back before spraying you get a matt finish but if you dont sand you get a gloss finish.

Or window tint on your headlights. Does the same thing and when your bored of it peel it off.

·
Registered
Rio 5dr SX Electric Blue
144 Posts
Agreed on the HID issue. Been there, done that. HID's in a reflector housing are blinding to some drivers. I have been on the receiving end and been blinded as well. Tint the lenses and do other drivers the favor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts