Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, it's done like dinner. 4 years of ownership and 140 KM. Dealer wants $750 to fix and my private garage is at $400.

I have a neck. My head turns just fine. It's a 50 cent Chinese part FFS. I'm not fixing it at either of those prices.

Anyone else here have their back up camera die on them ?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
134 Posts
I haven't replaced a camera on a Kia, but I did replace the factory camera on a Hyundai a few weeks ago with a cheap aftermarket camera bought from ebay. I'd imagine the OEM Hyundai & Kia cameras would be the same unit.

The customer supplied the replacement camera but from what I remember it looked just like this one. It fitted on where the original camera came off and didn't look any different to the factory one when the job was done. I had to drill a couple of holes on the camera bracket that aligned with the original camera's mounting holes. And I placed a couple of washers under the bracket when I screwed it on just to raise the camera up a little so it would sit at the right angle. The factory camera works from a 6V power supply, so the power for the aftermarket camera (12V) was taken from the reverse light circuit. The RCA video connector was cut from the aftermarket camera and the wires soldered to the video wires on the connector from the original camera, so that just plugged back into the car's tailgate harness. The whole job took a little over an hour, so if you budget for 2 hours labour at your local garage you'll get an idea what it would cost.

·
Registered
2013 Rio EX 1.6 hatchback
4 Posts
There is a plung and play dorman replacement camera for around 120 $ with pn 590-622. Oem camera pn is 957601W310.

At least in the hatchback it's relatively easy to replace.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
878 Posts
Keep us updated please....it helps others!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts