Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading with much interest all the questions and answers @ various mods for the AMANTI. They are all very interesting and informative but.........and there it comes the but, I do not understand why, if someone that is in need of performances, would choose a heavy 4 door sedan.
I finally drove my wife Amanti and I can see why she likes it so much. Is responsive, quiet, confortable and (sure) not an hotrod. The Infinity could sound better but is a good buy for the money.
Now for my MODS. As soon as the car was bought I had the windows tinted (of the legal kind) and against the Pearl White they look great. Be sure to find a reputable intaller that will give you a warranty for the job.
Second I ordered the 4 mud gard,(installed today) which ,on a front wheel drive car ,is a must. I ordered them from the link on your web page and the price is 1/2 of what my local dealer charges.
Anyway I didn't mean to be so verbose but I want to share my humble opinion.
Enjoy this Forum very much :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
:) That is my point exactly, why complain about the cars supposed lack of performance when this is clearly not a sports coupe but a full sized sedan with all the bells and whistles. If I do say so myself the car has plenty of performance for 'what it is' and I believe that it has a very classy look to it, as its not a hot-rodding teenagers car. The car was made for adults that have had many cars in their lives and know what a comfortable car should be. The only disappointing fact about this car is its mileage, my last car was a Sable with the larger 220 hp engine, also a full size car and it got about 5 miles to the gallon more than this one and was about equal in power. I wouldn't even mention this minor problem if gas prices weren't so high as of late. But its still worth it for the confront level you get in the Amanti.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Catalina and Kurtedward.......I certainly do not think there is any need to appear to "apologize" (loosely used) for what the Amanti is. It is designed for a very specific segment of the population and nothing more. My last car was an Infiniti Q45 which was a fine automobile but similiarly it was designed for a relatively small group of people who wanted class and comfort.....just like the Amanti provides. And yes I really get a kick out of the people who complain about its soft ride, stoggy looks, etc. and are on a crusade to change this and that ....why in the h*** did they buy an Amanti with the marketplace FULL of faster, more exotic, etc., etc......beats the h### out of me. But if the owner of an Amanti wants to mess around and load their cars with bolt-ons, bolt-offs etc. that is his/her perogative but no thanks ..I just want to enjoy this car JUST the way it . I bought it because I happen to like the way it looks, drives, and the way it provides ulta quiet surroundings that help make the driving experience more pleasurable. But as the old adage says.."to each his own". Albeit the car is not perfect but comes pretty close (just as my Q45 did but at about $ 25K LESS)......so bottom line I totally agree with the both of you in your perpectives regarding Amanti ownership............there are hundreds of cars out there that people should buy if they don't like what the Amanti stands for.......rayray

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's obsolutely true.
I'm coming out from an Audi S8, where looks, power, lux and comfort all meet. I was considering a 2003 Q45, but, when I test drove the Amanti/Opirus, I was impressed and I couldn't resist the price difference.

It's much lower in power than the S8, but higher in comfort and in taste (personal)
And I could never say that it's under-powered. I think the power is just about right.

Mine is equiped with ESP, so I don't really find the handling all too bad, (again, even compared to the S8)

I like the Kia just as it is...

Though... in a year or two, the car wouldn't impress me that much any more, so I would be looking for mods. Things like a power boost and some styling refreshments would renew the air and make me hang on to the car further.

For the power-obsessed out there: from what I heard, the engine is the same as the ones in the Hyundai Centenial. Those comes in V6 3.5 and V8 4.5 FWD.
I would guess in a couple of years, one could drop a V8 in that Amanti ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts